Chapter 16

Gunny immediately took Naina to another room and placed her on the bed. The doctor came to check her.

"She passed out due to concussion. The shock just added more pressure on her."

Gunny could only nod. Just 2 hours ago, they were happily teasing Alekh and Ria. Now, Alekh laid bloodied in one room. Ria was continuously trying to control her emotions but she too, after sometime, lost control and now one of the older nurses, was consoling her. As for Naina, she laid on thd bed, completely pale, looking almost tired with everything.

Just then, Naveen entered. He just stood frozen like a statue. For all these years, he saw his sister through a screen. And now, when she was in front of him, she was in such a condition.

Gunny immediately got hold of his own emotions and said,
"Naveen, pagal hai kya? You need to leave. It would be a disaster if she woke up suddenly. Please samajh."

"Gunny, 2 minute bas. Bas 2 minute ke liye mujhe meri gudiya ka hath pakad lene de. Akhiri baar jab hath pakda tha tab bachchi thi wo. Aaj....."

Gunny knew that now, it was impossible to make Naveen understand. So he just stood outside, with his hand on his forehead, acting that he was too overwhelmed that he had to move out of the room. Although, he did not have to try harder.

Naveen, carefully, took a step near Naina. When he realized that she was not going to wake up, he gently took her hand in his own. He placed her small hand on his cheek, like a father playfully keeps his child's hand on his cheek with love.

He used his other hand to caress the bandage on her forehead, as he knew that she'll sense him if he touched her forehead.

He was so full of emotions that he couldn't say a word. So, he just sat there, lifeless, with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Gudiya... maaf kar de apne bhai ko... main....." he started sobbing, so he left the room in a hurry.

He went straight to Ria now, knowing that she needed him, now.

Gunny took his former seat, Near Naina's bed. He informed Abhimanyu about everything.

"Ria... bachche...." Naveen said in a small voice. It was killing him to see both of his sisters (Ria practically was adopted by Naveen, as both them knew each other from a long time.)

Ria just looked up at Naveen with tear-filled eyes. She knew exactly what Naveen was feeling. The fear of losing someone they love. Naveen sat down next to her and wrapped his arms around her and Ria leaned into his brotherly embrace.

"He'll be fine. Sab thik ho jayega. Kismat hamesha ek hi sath galat nahi kar sakti."

"Bhaiya, aap bhi ghabraiye mat. Naina aur Alekh, ye dono bhai-behen na, bahut strong hain. Hum aise baith nahi sakte na. Jaiye. Aur dhundhiye, pata kijiye kisne humare Alekh aur humari Naina ka ye haal kiya hai. Wo log to khushi mana rahe honge. Humare apno ko is halat mein pahuncha kar wo log khush kaise ho sakte hein? Jaiye Bhaiya... aaj hum pehli baar apse kuchh maang rahe hein. Chhodiyega mat unhe. Please Bhaiya.... please....." Ria started sobbing in Naveen's chest. While he just kept standing. Then he put her in an arm's length and just put his hand on her head.

"Pakka waada chhoti. Main un logo na jeene layak chhodunga aur na unhe chain se marne dunga." Saying this, Naveen left the hospital, determined to hunt the culprits.

Naveen crossed Abhimanyu and Huda on the way. Abhimanyu recognized him right away but Huda was panicked, so he did not pay attention.

Huda pretty much stayed composed when he saw Naina's minute injuries. But the moment he saw Alekh, with all the tubes and machines attached to him, he broke. But before he could pour out his feelings, his gaze landed on a young girl, sleeping holding Alekh's hand.