Chapter 25

In KMA 

It was around 12 AM when Naina received a call. Pooja and Naina were staying in the same room again. Pooja too, was woken up by the same call on her phone. Both Naina and Pooja looked at each other confused.

Just as they were trying to understand, the call was followed by a message from Gunny.

"Meet me downstairs. ASAP."

Both Naina and Pooja jumped to their feet.

As they reached downstairs, they were greeted by the rest of the super six, along with Gunny and Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu reached the academy late and he was again assigned an important task.

Gunny saw Naina and Pooja, and started explaining without any further delay.

"Naina, Pooja you both are going to Kashmir, right now." He said.

Both the girls were shocked.

"Gunny is everything alright?" Naina asked.

"No, we don't have much time. You all are going to reach the location in half hour. There you all will meet the rest of your teammates who are going to accompany you in this mission."

"Par aise? Achanak? Humare system mein to koi program fit hi nahi kiya?" Pooja said.

"I know, it's sudden. But we have no choice. You both will reach the location before 0130 hours. The operation is supposed to end before 0400 hours. Clear?" Gunny asked.

Both Naina and Pooja were shocked to hear that. This was maybe the first time, they were asked to go on a mission together without any prior knowledge.

"Naina and Pooja, select any two other members with you. I'll be coming with you to the location. But, I am not going to be in your team. My work is to keep an eye on my team. You all will be briefed about the situation on the way. All I can say right now is, we can not make any mistakes." He further explained.

"I choose Huda and Ali." Naina replied without thinking.

"Oye Naina...."

"Chup Alekh. Tera abhi abhi accident hua hai. You need rest. And Yudi still needs to work on the task that Rajveer Sir has given him. Therefore, Huda and Ali will come with us." She said in a no-nonsense tone.

"Apna dhyan rakhna tum sab." Alekh could only utter these words.

"Alright, go and get ready. Meet me back here in 20 mins." Gunny ordered.

"You guys don't need to worry about a thing. I'll handle everything here. Aap log sirf apne mission par dhyan dijiye." Abhimanyu said. He looked really tired, like he haven't slept properly in a long time. But still, he was standing tall.

Naina started to leave for her room but turned around.

"Abhi?"

Abhimanyu was shocked to hear his name.

"Ji?"

"I am sorry for the way I treated you for all these years. Thanks a lot for saving my brother and Rajveer Sir. Agar aap nahi hote to..." She stopped speaking.

"Humne bas apni galti sudharne ki koshish ki. Jante hein isse hum kam gunahgar nahi ban jayenge par...."

"Jo hua, so hua. Jaane dijiye. Let us start fresh." Naina forwarded her hand towards him.

Abhimanyu shook it with slight tears in his eyes.

Just after this, all six captains saluted him as a way of showing their respect.

He shook his head, trying to hide his tears. After years, he was slowing freeing himself from all the guilt.

Naina, Pooja, Huda and Ali went back to the rooms to get ready.