Chapter 41

The teams were already divided as they were standing out the house in the middle of the night. Only the hooting of owls could be heard. There was an unexplained heaviness in the air which was keeping everyone on the edge. Naina and Pooja has gotten worse while two of the soldiers who went on the mission have already passed away. This news was weighing them down.

Raj and Naveen have never felt so helpless in their life. They always believed that they were feeling so suffocated because they were away from their families. But it was clear now, that this feeling was worse than what they were feeling a few months back. Naina and Pooja has grown weak in last few days. Although, they were not expressing but the effects were visible now. Anyone can understand that something was definitely wrong if they took a look at their sunken faces. But never did this effected their steely determination. Which is why, they were still standing tall, even now.

Raj and Naveen started getting on the vehicle when suddenly Yudi asked again, "Umm Sir, where do you suppose the research site is?"

"We already answered the question, Captain Yaduvanshi, we have no idea about it. Why do keep asking the same question again and again." Raj answered getting a bit irritated.

"Relax Sir. He just wants to help." Naina said to Raj. These conditions were now taking a toll on everyone.

"Don't tell me what to do? Keep your mouth shut and stand in the corner with Pooja." Raj snapped at Naina.

"Oye Raj, calm down alright. Don't talk to either of them like this." Naveen interrupted Rajveer.

The tension was so thick that it could be cut with a butter knife.

"Garam kaiko ho rahe ho, Sir. Jaane do." Alekh intervened to handle situation.

"Why are you talking like this? What happened?" Naina asked in a wobbly voice. She was scared by seeing the change in the man in front of her. But nothing prepared her for the blow coming next.

"Raj, what the hell is this doing in the garbage bags?" Neha asked in a no nonsense tone.

Everyone turned around to see her holding empty vials in her hand.

"What's that?" Naveen asked but his voice was barely above a whisper.

"Ask your friend Major. I am going to give you one last chance to answer my question. What the hell is this doing in the garbage bag?" Neha demanded an answer.

"How am I supposed to know? I don't even know what that is." Raj yelled back.

"Then why did I find these notes, written in your handwriting, in the shredder?" Neha was now livid as she gently pushed Naina behind her.

"Stop it. I was only tolerating this behavior of yours because you are Gunny's friend. But this... this is too much. Why are you framing me?" Raj yelled in anger.

"Oye.... humare Sirji ko kyun fasa rahi hai?" Huda came in Raj's support.

"Sahi kaha.... aap ko koi wrong message send kar raha hai mam." Pooja too, interrupted while the others were standing shocked. They seemed to be frozen as they were unsure what to say and what to not.

"This is your handwriting, Major. And fine, if you are so innocent then tell me what are these instructions, huh? Doc. check this vial and tell everyone what this is?" Neha passed the bottles to Shalini and Shalini almost fell if it wasn't for Alekh who was standing right behind her.

"Ye sab chal kya raha hai?" Ali said in a confused voice.

Before Shalini could answer react, Raj got in the jeep and pointed his gun Yudi while dragging Ali with him.