Chapter 45 | The Iron Wolf

---Narrator---

Over the course of Five months, the Sakura Empire fell into a pit of despair, ran into the ground by a broken woman, whose only wish was to revive her fallen sister Kaga, Nephew Kira, Akagi is drawn into a deep sense of illness that impairs her overall judgement, the nation, follows her orders blindly into a state of dishonor, as they enlist helping hands from the Sirens, Who claim they held the key to bringing back the dead. Tricked by the Sirens, believing her beloved sister and nephew could be brought back to life assisted the sirens goal of destroying Azur Lane with the power of Mantle Cubes put into every existing warship in the Sakura Empire to collect mass amounts of data, unbeknown by the empire that when the time came for that power to be put to use in another ship and unleashed, that all those powered by the Mantle cubes would perish. In the Royal Navy, two ships Bayern hasn't seen since the believed death of them remain in a comma with in a far off hospital clinging onto what little life they had left, Belfast and Eugen remain in their comma, and though they are alive, Bayern is under the idea they are dead, and no one has thought to bring mention to it towards him, as they believed his anger for their believed deaths would power him to fight the sirens tooth and nail at his greatest.

The war is coming rapidly to a close, the sirens numbers are dwindling, their hold on the world crumbling, their final lifeline being the Sakura Empire that believes in the cause they fight for, whilst being blinded by the lies, and throwing away all the truths they knew for a bunch of lies and shattered dreams. Though the sirens had one trick up the sleeve left, and all it required was more data into their mantle cubes. Forced into combat having learned of Sakura Empires Alliance with the sirens, Azur Lane goes to Sardegna Empire's help and Northern Parliaments help to squash what sirens are left, and to hopefully get Sakura Empire to switch sides... Or if they have to... Destroy the Sakura Empire for the greater good.

---5 Months Later---

---Prince of Wales Pov---

Closing the distance Zuikaku brandishes her blade, slicing at me as I'm forced to reload

Closing the distance Zuikaku brandishes her blade, slicing at me as I'm forced to reload. I take out my cutlass from it's sheath and block her diving blade with my own. Stopping it inches above my head. We lock eyes and she looks focused calm, yet wild like she was let free. Behind me her sister throws out aircraft that race level with the water firing at me. I glance back over my shoulder with a gasp and a look of disbelief. Distracted, Zuikaku takes the opportunity to pull back her blade and slices across my chest. I catch the act in the corner of my eyes and lean back as far as I can, ducking beneath the oncoming aircraft shells, and only getting my top sliced open rather then my chest. Forced to defend herself Zuikaku slices and splits all the shells whilst falling back a few tens of feet. I point one gun behind me and fire allowing me to get thrown through the air at A angle down atop Zuikaku. Brandishing my Cutlass I slice down atop her, and she is forced to defend using her blade to stop my own above her head. Whilst she did I kicked into her chest and leaped off her, the force of which sends her sliding back and stumbling, I spin through the air facing myself towards a charging Shoukaku, pointing my guns upon, and around her I fire tossing myself back towards Zuikaku and spinning myself around fully.