Chapter 35 | The Final Months

---Later That Same Day---

---Reuter Pov---

"The Super Battleship is almost complete sir! Everything is going smoothly and as predicted, we should have it completed and azured this time next Christmas Eve!" The Ceo of Blohm & Voss Naval Ship building company assures me as we walk through the docks, and I finally get to lay eyes on KMS Führer. The ship was gigantic, far bigger than I could have ever dreamed it would be. I smile proudly the ship was 7 times bigger than H-44 by design, and its guns far larger, it's armor too. "Once this ship is complete, not even Azur Lane will be able to defeat us... We may have lost the World War, but we won't lose this one." I think to myself with a grin on my face just thinking about it.

---Two Months Later---

---Bayern Pov---

Standing on the coast, I find myself blankly staring on at the tide moving in atop the beach. I try to understand this feeling inside my stomach, a feeling of something terrible that was coming... I just didn't know what it was... or how to silence the feeling inside. But I knew it meant something... It had meaning. I hear a piston engine plane rumbling in the distance over the waters, I glance up towards it seeing a Zero with no one atop it, clearly doing scouting duties. No Bombs or torpedoes... Simply a scout plane. I choose not to extend my rigging and fire on it. I didn't want to stir up trouble if I'd be able to help it. Behind me I hear footsteps approaching me. Stopping beside me was Akagi, she glanced over towards me, before looking out at the plane as well. "What's troubling you?" She asks bluntly, I guess it was that obvious something was up with me huh... I don't look at her, I just answer.

"I wish I knew why... But I've got this terrible gut feeling inside me telling me something is about to happen... I've felt it all month long, the closer we get to winter, the worse it seems to get." I admit to her in a passive worried tone. "I take it you're scared more for your children then you are yourself." She asks me, being right on the money. "I don't mind being sunk, if it's a conflict coming, but if whatever happens causes my children harm... I-" I pause and look at her with a helplessly scared look on my face. "Look I know I don't have any right to put this burden on you Akagi... But if something should happen to me... I need you to do something..." I start, she looks at me in a fashion that told she was listening. "Please take care of Kira... and keep a watchful eye over my children... I know my wives will do the same but... I know even they can only watch over so many of them at a time... Ha, I guess having so many of them was a gift and a curse..." I explain to her. She puts a hand on my back and rubs it comfortingly. She gives a confirming nod, which told she would do that for me. "Thank you... Takes a little load off my chest." I admit, looking back towards the sea.

" I admit, looking back towards the sea