Chapter 38 | Dragon Of Blood Made Of Steel

---Midnight---

---Little Zeppy Pov---

Hearing the rain outside the ceiler crashing over the ceiler doors. I remain in the corner of the room curled up in a ball crying... and starving to death. I wanted to cry out for mommy and Daddy... But I was afraid to make a sound in fear that the sirens would find me. I feel weaker by the minute, and my stomach feels like it's eating itself, giving me extreme discomfort and pain... The memories of momma and papa hiding me inside this ceiler crash into my thoughts... It's been weeks... I... I'm scared they're not coming back now. The ceiler doors creek open and I clench my eyes tightly closed as someone climbs down into the ceiler. I remain silent as I could be to avoid being noticed. I was scared it was a siren, and my heart begins beating out of my chest. The person walks to a stop before me and crouches down next to me, I know now that I'd been spotted, and I cry out in fear. "Please... D-Don't hurt me... Please..." I cry in terror and endless fear with a weak voice. Gentle arms wrap around me lifting me into their arms, and I slowly open my eyes and look onto the figure in question and my eyes widen seeing a face I'd believed was long dead years ago. Before I could say his name, he turned towards the ceiler exit and carried me out.

"B-Big brother..." I muttered in relief, wrapping my arms around one of his arms weakly... but to me it was as tight as I could muster up the strength to squeeze. As we stepped out of the ceiler my eyes are filled with ruins, thousands of bodies of the people of the nation blown apart, killed, and covered in blood, flames roaring all around the rubble. I begin to cry at the sight of what's happened to my home... to my nation... to the people I was raised to protect one day... I hide my face into his chest and begin to cry uncontrollably having seen what I never wished to see. He carries me through the rubble, the ruins, the corpses and the puddles of blood and raging flames. Before I knew it we stood inside a dock yard... One I recognized... I unhide my face as he gently places me atop my feet next to a dock slot that had been completely overlooked by the attacks of the sirens. And inside it was the final ship my nation ever completed. The ship that would have become the nation's pride and next flagship to surpass Bismarck and Tirpitz...

"H-42" is written on the name plating at the Bow; Bayern approaches the ship and places his hand against the hull and stands there staring up at the ship with a look that told me he'd seen it several times before in his past... Or at least a ship very similar... his eyes snap neon Baby blue as the ship bursts into hundreds of wisdom cubes, and they swarm and surround him like a tornado, before one by one slamming into his back where rigging should extend from, and begins taking shape and color of Iron blood rigging, until H-42 became his ship... and his rigging. I stare at him with amazement as this massive shark rigging builds, and spirals up tens of feet and expands tens of feet then it begins to glow neon blue, and ignites in massive flames, the steel begins deforming, taking different shapes and as it does my surprise grows greater. I notice Bayern's eyes flickering around in and out of life and being able to withstand the power of such a mighty warship... clearly fighting to control it and take hold of it.

---Bayern Pov---

"Give Up" the echo of Purifiers voice taunting me, "You'll make no difference Bayern! GIVE UP!" Observers Alpha's voice echoes with amusement. "You're 2 weeks to late Bayern... Everything is gone! Theres no point in fighting anymore!" Purifier continues to taught me as I struggle atop a knee with my eyes flashing in and out of life and colorless. I grit my teeth and for a moment I contemplate giving up as pain like no other courses throughout my veins from the strain of trying to tame a warship far stronger than what I've ever truly held with in me before. Memories all of the things I've done... all my mistakes, all of my memories of the life I have and haven't lived fills me, and the pain I've endured! I express this look of giving up believing it was easier not to just give up and fall... before I do. "DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP DAD!" Kira's voice pierces through my wisdom cube.

"I-I CAN'T DO IT!!!" I scream out at her in pain. "He who says he can... and he who says he can't are both usually right Bayern..." Kaga's voice speaks to me through my cube. I squint my eyes open partly looking ahead of me at sirens in the distance approaching... "I can't take the pain. I-I can't take it..." I mutter in pain prepared to give up. "My words to you must not have stayed clear to you as a baby Bayern... But I remember telling you a strong man can hit harder every time he swings. But a stronger man can stand back up from the hits. But it ant about how hard you can hit... it's about how hard you can get hit... and keep going forward... How much you can take and keep moving forward! THAT IS HOW WINNING IS DONE! Cowards give up, cowards make excuses, cowards stand around and complain, Cowards do that Bayern!" My father's voice roars in my ear. My eyes snap to neon green and remain so. I struggle about and try to tame the ship inside me. Shells race towards us from the sirens, and at first, I think their coming for me... until they got dangerously close, and I realized they weren't targeting me... But Zeppy. Still unable to control this ship inside me. I have to force myself to move, It felt like the weight of over 100 thousand tons pulling against me, working against me, trying to stop me from getting to her. At the rate I move I couldn't make it to her in time. Armed with the word of my father, my daughter, and my fallen wife.

I was motivated, and unwilling to fail... Not again... Seeing the shells passing me to reach her... made something snap inside of me, my rigging takes form inside its flames and those flames change pigment to crimson red, and I fire 4 twin barreled 480 MM Iron Blood cannons and launched myself ahead of the shells and in-between them and Zeppy. My rigging then acts under my command to use its turrets as a shield in front of me and Zeppy. The shells slam into them and bounce off into the air spinning and spiraling out away from us harmlessly. Unfolding my rigging from shielding in front of us, I control what should have normally been a shark rigging too alongside me. "B-Big brother y-your rigging h-has a dragons head..." Zeppy points out as I ignore the rigging resting alongside me to my left. A dragon low tone gurgling growl sounds from the rigging as it stares on with eyes unlike shark rigging of Iron Blood that's never had eyes before and stared on right at the Sirens with the same look in its eyes as me. The flames extinguish around the rigging and revealing the true colors of the shiny red and unpainted steel dragon head.

Opening its jaw, it roars out violently loud at the sirens with its voice alone it made visual shockwaves and disturbances in the air, as the water ahead of it begins to wobble and react to its screams

Opening its jaw, it roars out violently loud at the sirens with its voice alone it made visual shockwaves and disturbances in the air, as the water ahead of it begins to wobble and react to its screams. "H-HOLY SHIT!" One of the tens of sirens scream in shock and disorder bearing witness to the might of Iron Bloods finest warship it had to offer... bared by the strongest of WWI. "Sinken" (German for sink) I mutter before my dragon rigging widens it's mouth once more revealing a 1000mm twin barreled cannon inside it's jaws with glowing red-hot barrels. The sirens step back... and some begin turning and running away. "SOMEONE WARN OMITTER! WE'VE GOT A SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!" One of them shouts as they all follow one another racing away. Unwilling to put my sister into danger I choose not to fire. It was but only a bluff... I didn't wish to have to leave my sister's side and leave her unattended. Turning slowly towards my sister stuck in silence and utter shock for the ship I'd absorbed and it's mighty rigging. She can't find it in her to speak a word. I lift her into my arms and leap into the waters and begin to sail us back towards the Royal Navy.

---End Of Chapter 38---