Chapter 14 | Moving On?

---One Months Later---

---Bayern/Alaska Pov---

Sitting Between Hornet and Cleveland in the meeting room, filled with Hood, Belfast, and Queen Elizebeth we wait for Enterprise to arrive before we begin the planning period. While we did, they began conversating about the most recent losses of Royal Navy ships in comparison to those sunk of the opposing side... "You're telling me you guys sunk Bismarck!?" Cleveland booms hearing that news from Hood... but I knew she was miss informed. "Yes, that was the last transmission Wales gave before all communications where lost. "That's almost all the heaviest hitters out then right!?" Cleveland comments hearing that confirmed. "What do you mean heaviest hitters?" I ask her bluntly with a look of distinct over curiosity. "Oh, right you're a new ship... SO I guess you wouldn't know huh..." Cleveland states, turning in her seat she faces towards me and holds up 5 fingers. "So, there was five big ships we've been worried about fighting going into this war. One was Akagi... she's still alive, another was Kaga, so that's one of the five down... another was Bismarck she's down... Tirpitz, who is still alive... and lastly Bayern... a very big hitter from the first WWI with unreasonable abilities! He's down too! That leaves 2 big hitters!" Cleveland cheerfully explains happy about the situation. I thought about how to tell her about the fact Bismarck wasn't sunk... But came up empty handed. 

"Oh" I act surprised, but truly I wasn't. I Look at Belfast and notice she's looking at me weirdly. Out of character entirely for her to give anyone a weird look... Did... did she know who I was? If so how... and why hasn't she said anything about it. "I guess Enterprise really overslept today... Someone's going to have to go and wake her." Hornet states in a bubbly and embarrassed tone scratching the side of her head awkwardly. I sigh standing up. "I'll go get her." I state, walking towards the door. "I will accompany you." Belfast states following me. Her tone sounded... Off. "Right, Hurry back with her!" Cleveland states leaning back in her seat and kicking her feet up on the coffee table relaxing. Walking out of the room, ahead of Belfast she closes the door behind us and we begin down the hallway. About 10 feet down the hallway, I glance over my shoulder at her, she followed behind me, and I saw that look she was giving me remained. I could just tell she knew... "I feel like you know something about me that you shouldn't." I comment, making the comment so vague that if she didn't it didn't give it away. "I know a lot of things about you Bayern" She states bluntly. I grin at her looking ahead again. "It's Alaska... Remember?" I tell her in a teasing tone. She nods once and walks alongside me now. She grabs my hand and places something inside it, before releasing it. I raise my hand to my face and open it seeing a little handmade neckless made by a child no doubt. "My daughter made this for you the day after you left Pearl Harbor... She wanted you to have it for protecting her..." She states to me in a calming tone. I put it around my neck proudly and give her a gentle look of understanding. 

"I know the pain you must be feeling Bayern... and I know how much you must wish to exact revenge against my nation for what they've done... I too am unpleased with the act they committed against your daughter." She expresses, showing a sign of humanity beyond just a loyal maid for a change. I look to her surprised to have heard her disagreeing with her own nation's actions. I see a chance to figure out why that happened... and I pounce. "You're likely the only one I'll be able to ask for the answers I need without blowing my cover... Why did they kill Kira. Why did they kill my daughter" I ask her with a silent but desperate tone. She gives me this shameful look. "Wales and Rodney spotted SMS Graf being escorted by Bismarck back to the Vichya Dominion... the original target was not your daughter... or SMS Graf, but Bismarck, they wished to kill her while she was alone, and in the battle Wale's weapons malfunctioned, firing off a shell before she could properly range her shots onto Bismarck, her shells overshot her and struck your daughter and SMS Graf sinking Graf, and killing your daughter instantly. The radio message came quickly from her about the accident before the battle with Bismarck ensued..." She explained to me...