"No I do shave." Lando replied defensively.

"Bullshit. You have nothing to shave." Emilia glanced at Lando in the mirror who looked less smug than he did before her comment. "Give me twenty minutes and then I'll be ready."

Emilia was true to her word and was ready in twenty minutes. She accompanied Lando down to the function room in the hotel which had been turned into a party. Unsurprisingly, they weren't the first ones to arrive at Lando's party. In fact, they were probably the last. Music was already thumping, people were packed around the bar trying to order drinks.

"What do you want to drink?" Emilia asked Lando but he pulled her closer by her waist as he couldn't hear what she was saying so Emilia repeated her question.

"Anything, I don't mind. I'm paying though." Lando handed Emilia his credit card and she raised her eyebrows.

"You're funny if you think you're paying on your birthday." Emilia replied then walked off. She ordered the two of them drinks and found Max at the bar. Emilia wasn't able to catch him in the paddock and she definitely wanted to apologise for crashing before he was wasted. "Hey Max I'm really sorry about today."

"Tell Emilia I don't want her apology." Max told Daniel next to him who relayed that information back to Emilia despite her hearing it the first time.

"Really? This is childish Max." Emilia sighed resting her arm on the bar and looking at the Red Bull driver.

"Daniel, tell Emilia that I don't want to be friends with her anymore." Once again, Daniel repeated Max's words to Emilia. He seemed to be enjoying the situation.

"You're being slightly overdramatic." Emilia answered facing Max. He turned to her.

"No. Although, you did actually help me, my car was going to fail anyway either this race or the next. They only found the problem after we crashed so you've done Red Bull a massive favour. I'll thank you if I win the Championship." Max responded smiling. "So now Christian thinks you and him are like besties."

"I am not besties with Christian." Emilia clarified. "So why were you not talking to me about five seconds ago if I helped you out?"

"It's funny to see you annoyed." Max grinned taking a sip of his drink.

"Not like really angry though like you were after today's race. That's not funny really; that's pretty scary." Daniel added.

"No yeah definitely." Max nodded in agreement. Conveniently for Emilia her and Lando's drinks were ready so she picked their drinks up and went to find her favourite McLaren driver. He was standing with Alex and Lily. Emilia handed him her drink and greeted Alex's girlfriend.

"Hey I haven't seen you in a while." Emilia said wrapping an arm around Lily in a half-hug as both of them were holding drinks they didn't want to spill.

"You sound much more excited than Alex did when I surprised him in the paddock yesterday." Lily laughed throwing a dirty look at Alex.

"I was in the zone Lily I told you this." Alex complained.

"Lily flew all that way to come and be supportive and then you ignore her?" Emilia asked giving Alex a disapproving look.

"I was on my way to qualifying." Alex defended.

"My plane was late I couldn't help when I arrived." Lily responded.

"I'm glad you came. I appreciate it." Alex wrapped his arm around Lily pulling her in for a hug from the side. Emilia and Lando left the pair to it.

"I wouldn't ignore you if you surprised me next year." Lando assured putting an arm around Emilia's waist.

"I'll be in the paddock some of the time thank you very much." Emilia replied. She stopped and turned Lando so he faced her. "I could give you some surprises in your driver room before qualifying if you wanted."