The One With The Answer

Start from the beginning

It felt like so long ago. The Radkova witch never thought she would get the chance to speak to Katherine again after she left. Emily thought the Petrova vampire would go into hiding, so the hybrid didn't find her. Then again, Katherine has always been a fighter. It wasn't in Katherine to cower away. The Petrova fire and all.

"Oh, you know, just around," Katherine uttered as she skirted passed the question.

"Is everything okay? Did something happen?" Emily worriedly asked the Petrova vampire. "I know you wouldn't take the chance coming back here after Klaus," the Radkova witch mumbled.

"Smart girl," Katherine cooed with a wide grin. "But you're right," the Petrova vampire stated as she shook her head, "I have no plans of ever returning back to that place."

"What is it, then?" The Radkova witch curiously asked.

"I've missed you," Katherine murmured with a tone of teasing in her voice. "I was quite sad I didn't get the chance to watch my little witch grow," the Petrova vampire stated.

Emily softly chuckled before she muttered, "it's been a crazy journey since then."

"Oh?" Katherine inquired as her left eyebrow lifted up. "Do tell," the Petrova vampire requested.

Emily leaned the right side of her body against the door that led to the backyard. "Well, I brought Elena back," the Radkova witch recalled with an easiness to her voice as if she had just told Katherine what two plus two equals.

Katherine froze for half a second before she tightly squeezed the payphone between her fingers. "You're joking, right?" The Petrova vampire slowly asked.

"Nope," Emily muttered with a light chuckle.

"Emily, do you not realize how danger that spell is?" Katherine quickly interrogated in worry for the young witch. "It could ruin you, possibly kill you!" The Petrova vampire exclaimed.

Katherine, of course, was no witch but she had been acquaintances with Maria Radkova for a while. Katherine had begged the witch to perform that spell on Darina but the witch always told her that it was too dangerous. Maria had even told the Petrova vampire about all of the consequences of performing that spell.

"I know," Emily sighed as she tossed her head back and stared up at the ceiling. "But I have it under control," the Radkova witch promised as she tried to assure her ancestor through the phone.

"I can't believe those stupid idiots let you put yourself in danger like that!" Katherine growled.

"Hey," Emily cooed before she informed the Petrova vampire, "it was my idea, my choice." The Gilbert girl released a heavy breath before she quietly whispered, so no one in the house would hear, "all they needed to know was that Elena was coming back. I took care of the rest."

The Petrova vampire released a couple of tsking sounds from her lips. "Is my little witch turning into a bad witch?" Katherine teasingly asked.

"Ah, well, I kind of already went down that road," Emily mumbled as she briefly flinched at the memories of all the bad things she had done during that time. "I had a little emotionless journey for a while," the Radkova witch informed Katherine.

"Aww, too bad I wasn't there," the Petrova vampire mumbled before a pout took over her face. "We could of had some fun together," Katherine uttered with an exaggerated sigh.

Emily giggled before she murmured, "oh, I'm sure."

The witch and the vampire shared a series of chuckles together before Katherine was the one to sober up first. "What's the juice on the Stefan forefront?" The Petrova vampire curiously asked. "I wouldn't doubt you would have been searching for him," Katherine murmured.