"What's that?"

"Sam and Luke are outside and desperate to see Mandy. Are you okay with them coming in for a few?" He doesn't even have to ask the question before I let out a resounding yes. He and I smile out of relief. Maybe things can finally go back to normal. James opens the room door and waves the two in. Sam and Luke walk in the room meekly, avoiding my gaze. I frown at this action.

"Guys! You don't have to be afraid! I'm so glad you guys are back! I know you've had a horrible experience. I'm so sorry we couldn't get to you faster." I walk over and pull them into a group hug. They are tense at first, but I feel them relax. Sam and Luke have been like my brother and sister for as long as I can remember. They were by my side through all of this and I refuse to let them think any of this is their fault or responsibility.

"Oh Bryan!" I feel Sam break down into tears.

"Thanks bro! We've missed you. Both of you! Dude, you have no idea. We are just thankful for Luna Rachel's ability to erase most of it and allow our scars to heal. It wasn't full proof, but we are getting better." Luke says. Sam's still blaming herself for us getting trapped there and for not being around for Mandy during her first shift and the war. Not to mention the awful things we said. He explains through mindlink. I squeeze them both again and release the hug. Both look at me as if waiting to be scolded or reprimanded. I gently smile.

"If you're waiting for some sort of punishment, it's not gonna happen. If you're waiting for permission, you don't need it. I think it will be great for her having you guys once again by her side." I gesture to the bed. Sam gasps and Luke lightly pushes her on the small of her back as they slowly approach the bed. I'm thankful most of Amanda's bruises have healed. Max sends a low growl at the flashback of how her face and neck looked when she first arrived at the hospital.

It was difficult to see the dark purple finger-shaped marks on her neck left by Marcus choking her. The right side of her face swollen with speckles of blue, red, purple, and yellow bruises. Opal obviously tried healing her during the battle so her bruises were in various stages of healing. Max's adoration for her pushes through my mind. I internally smile at his action.

Luke leads Sam to sit in the chair I was previously occupying while sliding another chair beside his mate. I see tears sliding down her face as Luke consoles her. Luke reaches for Mandy's hand and rubs comforting circles on the back of it. I decide to give them some time alone with their best friend.

I walk down the cold, stark hallway of the hospital to get some coffee and fresh air. I haven't left Mandy's side all week for fear of her waking up and me not being there. I slept in her room, showered in her room, ate in her room. I refused to leave. But, as selfish and possessive as I wanted to be, Sam and Luke need this time. If she happens to wake, I know they will alert me immediately. I fix my coffee and find the courtyard area. I locate a bench and slide down onto it. As I take my first sip, I feel a presence next to me.

You've done well, my child. Thank you for your loyalty and trust. Celeste.

You're welcome. Thank you for keeping her safe. I don't know what I would do if...my voice trails off.

I didn't keep her safe. She did that all on her own. I told you she was stronger than she looked. I can't intervene, only guide which is why I told you to train and prepare. She pauses and I nod. I also told you that you would be rewarded and reap the benefits of following my guidance. She pauses and smiles.

Bryan! You need to get in here quick! Luke screams through mindlink. I stand in a panic and rush to the courtyard door. Before opening the door, I look back at the bench which is now empty. I smile. Thank you, Moon Goddess! I sprint down the hall after discarding my full coffee into the trash bin. I stop to catch my breath before slowly opening the door. As I enter the room, Amanda's laugh fills the air. I let out the breath I was holding and immediately move over around her bed to be closer to her. She watches me and her green eyes sparkle.