"Right. Boyfriend." She remarked, shaking her head. "I can't believe you're actually dating him."

Dess sigh, "Here we go." she said.

"What? I'm just saying...him out of all people on these campus to date. Seriously, Dess, you can do better." Freya continued.

Dess turned to face her, crossing her arms. "Freya, are you jealous?" She bluntly asked. This was a question on her mind for a minute now ever since Freya started acting different towards him. She didn't want to believe it but after talking to Ashley about it, that was what she came up with.

It made sense to her. Shai is who he was. Well known to a certain extent. Raised in a certain limelight. Rich in a sense. Privileged to the bone. Future NBA player. Everything under the requirements of being a celebrity. Though he didn't carry himself as one, it was still a lifestyle that many craved. Especially women. Freya wanted to be one of those ladies who was on the arm of a rich dude. Football player. Basketball player. Rapper. Producer. Anyone. She wanted to be in the light. She wanted to be the light. So, her being jealous of Dess and Shai being together made a lot of sense to Dess. That was all she wanted to know.

"Excuse me?" Freya questioned, tilting her head to the side. "What did you just ask me?"

"I asked if you're jealous." Dess repeated herself.

Freya twisted her face up. "Why the hell are you asking me that?"

"Because of the way you've been treating Shai. You were all for us in the beginning but all of sudden you switched up for no reason. I think you're jealous and I just want to know if you are." Dess answered, leaning back on her bed.

Freya rolled her eyes then replied, "Oh, Dess, please don't fatter yourself. I'm not jealous of you, Shai, or what y'all have going on. I just don't like the fact that once you're around him you turn into this dumbfounded chick who doesn't have any sense. This dude is literally talked about every other day on Twitter. Bad things are spoken about Shai and you're happily walking around with this dude like it's nothing. His father is also an abusive cunt and yet you're messing with his son. Nice."

Dess shook her head. "You're unbelievable, Freya. Seriously." she mentioned.

"No, you're unbelievable, Dess. You should do a deep check on Shai before defending a guy like him. He's not all innocent like he portrays. You should worry about how popular your boyfriend is on campus with the ladies." Freya added, shaking her head. Dess squinted her eyes at her, wondering what she was speaking on.

"What are you talking about?" Dess questioned out of curiosity. Freya shrugged her shoulders and went on her phone. She knew her statement would make Dess go into her head.

Dess stood there, staring at Freya. She wasn't sure what she meant by that statement but it did make her think. She frowned, knowing she was about to react in a way she haven't before.

🏀

Popular on campus...with the ladies.

Ladies...popular.

Parker...who the fuck is Parker?

Who the hell-

"Are you mad at me?"

Dess turned her attention to Shai. She had forgot he came to her room after she canceled their movie date. She unfortunately allowed Freya to ruin her mood by her statement. She didn't want it to but going deep into her thoughts did that at times. She was regretting it. Shai tucked in his lips when he didn't receive a response. He put his hands in his pockets, rocking back and forth on his heels.