Freshmen 6

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐈𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞
ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮
𝟶:𝟶𝟼 ○─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎ 𝟸𝟻:𝟶𝟶
◁︎     ||     ▷︎

🏀

Hampton University
Wed. Sept. 7th, 11:05am
"Helping Hand"

Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!

Those were the thoughts of Shai as he scrambled to find his belongings. He was late. Like EXTREMELY late and to one of the most "advanced" class he had; English. His reasoning for being late wasn't anything new, he slept through his alarm. Yesterday, was a frustrating day from the start. His body was starting to ache from sleeping in his small bed. His head was hurting, symptoms of a headache coming along. He believed he was getting a cold as well.

He stayed up longer than need be to do his homework which he didn't understand at all. Google wasn't any help either and only added onto the confusion he had. He didn't even remember the time he went to sleep. That'll explain why he was struggling to zip up his book bag. The zipper had got caught in the fabric of the bag in the midst of him quickly zipping it up. He could barely keep his eyes open.

Taking a deep breath, he slowly zipped his bag up and grabbed it tightly. He made sure he had whatever else he needed then hurried out his room. He started running, taking the stairs, and made his way out the building. He continued running like a madman across campus. He caught the confused looks on some students faces when he passed them, but ignored it. He knew he was looking crazy as hell running to class.

Students didn't usually run to class in college. They either walked, jogged, and probably skipped class altogether. However, Shai, wasn't that type of person. He felt like he needed to go to class. Finally reaching the English building, he threw the door open and entered. Heading down the hall, he reached his classroom and peeked inside. Professor Herbert was up at the board, speaking and writing.

Shai let out a sigh, debating if he should just walk in. He knew if he did then everyone would look at him. He already was embarrassed that he was late, so walking in shouldn't make anything worse. Taking a deep breath, he reached for the knob and entered the classroom. Like he predicted, everyone in the class including Professor Herbert looked at him. He froze, not knowing what to do after entering.

"One thing I don't tolerate in my class, everyone is being late." Herbert spoke, giving Shai a glare.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I-I woke up-"

"I don't care," Herbert cut him off. "Attendance is also apart of your grade in this class. Now, go sit."

Shai lowered his head and walked to his unassigned assigned seat in the second row. Taking a seat, he quickly went in his bag and took out his laptop. Herbert stared Shai down, irritated that he had to stop his lesson. He had a feeling Shai was going to be a headache during this semester. It would be expected with the background the young man came from. Herbert wasn't a fan of celebrities or famous people in general. He dislike their lack of education they had and the way they talk as if their mouth was filled with shit.

A lot of these celebrities couldn't even speak clearly during an interview. The constant umm's and uhhh's and whatchamacallit's they said didn't correlate to their profession. A basketball player can dribble down the court with speed, but couldn't speak in a full and complete sentence. So, yes, he knew teaching a child in that lifestyle was going to be annoying. Turning back to the board, Herbert continued his lesson on Identity.