Freshmen 56

Hampton, VirginiaFriday, 12/26"Daddy's Love Note"

Hampton, Virginia
Friday, 12/26
"Daddy's Love Note"

{Let You Down by NF}

"The quickest way to an angry woman heart during the holidays is..." Dre muttered while he quickly entered the shopping market. He glanced back at the little boy behind him then smirked.

"And what is that?" Axel questioned, making eye contact with his father. Dre kept a smile on his face, facing forward, and continued walking fast around the store.

Axel tried his hardest to follow his father closely. It was Christmas Eve which meant the store was crowded from top and bottom. He wasn't sure why they were here during this time. Axel knew, from his mother, that shopping on a holiday was the worse thing a person could do. London always made sure to get her food days in advance. However, today was a different store.

Heading to the frozen section in the back, Axel, dodged a few carts that were coming from all over. He saw his father approach the section where the meats were and where several others people were standing as well.

"Pops," Axel called out to him once he was near. Dre looked at him, a smirk still on his face despite his heart practically pounding out of his chest.

"The key to a woman's heart on a holiday like this is to find the meat," Dre responded. Axel slowly nodded his head, confused and bored.

Dre gave him a thumbs up then went searching for what he needed. He prayed to God his whole way here, asking for a miracle. All he needed was a honey glazed ham. That's it and that's all. He looked through all the chicken that was placed in the freezer. He ignored all the other hands that were reached inside and worried about his own. He was hoping for a miracle and he got it. With that huge smile still on his face, Dre's hands reached for the last honey glazed ham that was there.

He turned to face Axel who wasn't paying any attention. His father called his name, making him look up from his phone.

"The key to a women's heart on a holiday like this is-"

"To find the meats," Axel muttered to himself as he stood in front of the small freezer in the middle of the store.

He smirked when he saw the last honey glazed ham amongst the chicken. If his father was here then he would come storming through the store doors and right over here just to grab the last ham for his mother. Axel could only imagine how his mother was doing during this time. He was somewhat regretting not going home then again he didn't have time to deal with any sadness and drama. Staying at a hotel with his boy was better for this year. He'll try again next year.