Freshmen 70

Hampton, VirginiaFriday, 5/9"Because In The End

Hampton, Virginia
Friday, 5/9
"Because In The End..."

{Congratulations by Post Malone}

Do you hear that? It was the sound of triumph. The sound of horns playing as runners cross the finish line. The sound of excitement and sadness. The sound of the end. It was moving-out day for students at Hampton University. The day beginning hectic with several cars occupying every parking spot. Students with big boxes, fridges, mirrors, and several suitcases exiting the dormitories at once. Parents struggling to load their vehicles again. And students leaving with more stuff than when they arrived.

Though it looked like a scene from a disastrous movie, the day couldn't be more joyful for everyone involved. Dess kneeled beside her suitcase, struggling to close it. She kept pushing it down then moved the zipper closer to the end. Soon as she got it, she blew out a breath with her head tossed back. Her eyes fell shut and she stayed that way for a moment. All her tears were gone and now she was elated.

She was heading home. The best feeling in the world to her right now. She could finally sleep in her own bed. Wake up at her own time and not worry about classes. No more homework. No more study hall. No more professors who barely did their job right. All she was going to miss was her baby.

Shai.

"Mama," his deep voice graced her ears. Dess smiled then slowly opened her eyes, placing them on him.

Shai stood in the doorway. Soon as eye contact was made, Dess saw his usual beautiful smile beginning to take his place on his face. His pearly whites practically shining the entire room and wetting her panties.

"Baby," she responded. Shai chuckled, entering the room. He walked up to her, held his hand out and helped her up.

Instantly, he rested his hands on her butt as he stood over her. Dess cocked her head upwards to get a good look at her man. She could spend the entire day staring at him and would never get bored. She was a lucky woman.

"How are you feeling on a scale of one to ten?" Shai questioned.

Since last night at the party, he's been more attentive to her emotions. He came to the conclusion that just about anyone could be in Payton's position. Helpless. Emotional. Tired of fighting. He didn't want anyone close to him to ever feel that way. So, he was asking questions every five minutes. Dess, more than often.

"Ummm," Dess thought about her answer.

"Be honest," he told her. Dess nodded.

"A one because I'm leaving..." she held her hand up since she wasn't finish. "...but I'm also a ten because I'm leaving." She answered truthfully.

"You know you can call me for anything and I'll head right to Minnesota on the first flight," he informed her in a serious tone. Dess knew already but still acknowledged it.