Freshmen 36

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐖𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Houston, Texas
Thurs. Nov. 28th, 8:50 am
"Give Thanks to Family Promises"

Four Years Ago...

The bell rung and all the students emerged from their seats. Shai popped up from his seat and tossed his bag on his back. Exiting the classroom and into the crowded halls, Shai walked with his head lowered. He recently realized how common it was for him to do that since moving to Houston. Being the new student in an area he knew nothing of wasn't the gag his family thought it was.

It was the worst decision his parents could come up with but there was nothing he could do. He was already here. Shai walked out the building behind a few students. His head was still down that he didn't notice his folks were here.

"Shai!" He heard someone call his name. He lifted his head up to see his Uncle William leaning on his car.

Seeing him confused Shai for a second since he never was picked up from school before. There was no reason to do so when his aunt house wasn't too far from the school. His stomach started bubbling and that only happened when he knew something was up. He blew out a breath, prepping himself for what to come. Walking to his uncle, William opened the passenger door for him.

"I'm going to assume something happened." Shai mentioned. William didn't answer verbally but his face said it all.

Shai nodded his head and got into the car. There was always something. After shutting his door, William walked around the front and got in the driver side. Shai took off his bag and rested it where his feet were and stayed quiet during the ride. Though he didn't know what was going on, he made sure to keep his opinions to himself when he did. When pulling up to the purple house, Shai's stomach started bubbling again.

"Here we go," he thought. He was hesitant on getting out the car, especially when he saw the limousine sitting in front of the house. He knew it was either his mother or father that was here.

And he knew it was most likely his mother. That was the only parent that made the decision to have him come down here.

"You wanna go for a ride?" William broke the silence, turning his attention to Shai. Shai looked at him with a confused expression on his face.

"My mom is here so I'm sure she has to tell me something." Shai mentioned.

William nodded his head, "I'm aware but we can drive around to stall a little bit." he told him. Shai thought about his uncle's offer and didn't take it. There was no reason to wait this out for no reason.

"No, I'm cool." He answered. William nodded his head then cut the car off.

Shai grabbed his bag and got out the car with his uncle. He placed his attention on the limo and saw his mothers driver, Dion, sitting inside. The older black man gave Shai a head nod and he returned one. Following after his uncle up the stairs, they entered the house to arguing. It was his mother and his aunt as usual. William glanced back at Shai who look at him. They both could read each others expression. Shai was regretting not taking that ride around the block.