Freshmen 11

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐚𝐞 𝐉𝐞𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐧
ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮
𝟶:𝟶𝟹 ○─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎ 𝟸𝟻:𝟶𝟶
◁︎     ||     ▷︎

🏀

Hampton University
Wed. Sept. 21th, 2:12pm
"Here's My Number...Call Me Maybe"

"On todays news, elevator footage was recently released of basketball star, Sean Carter, and wife, America's supermodel, Allison Payton-Carter having an altercation. The footage was released anonymously and have gain close to three million views on all social media platforms. The disturbing video shows Sean and Allison getting into an argument before Sea attacks. Sources are saying..."

His feet were glued to the floor. He couldn't move not one muscle. How could he when he was watching a video of his mother being beaten. It wasn't anything he could get used to no matter how many times he saw it happen. It was disturbing at any time to see your loving parent be hit on by someone that's supposed to love them. It was all too much, but Shai couldn't seem to look away from the tv.

"Shai..." Axel breathed out, trying to lift the weight off him. The two boys were working out in the school gym after class. They figured they get a good workout out the way before the football team had practice later that day.

It started off easy. Treadmill. Dumbbell. Jump rope. Jumping jacks. Push-ups and pull-ups. Things took a turn once the gym tv was turned on and TMZ, Extra!, and the actual news were all reporting the elevator incident between Shai's parents. Though the news was disturbing to hear, Axel was praying Shai looked away so he could help for a second.

"Shai..." Axel called out to his friend again. Shai was supposed to be spotting him but was doing a terrible job at that. Axel groaned lowly, feeling the weights taking power over him. The more he tried lifting them, the heavier they got. He was certain he was going to give up soon and allow the weights to crush him.

Or not.

"Shai!" Axel managed to shout. Shai averted his attention away from tv and down at his friend.

"Shit," he cursed under his breath. He grabbed the weight, lifting it up and placing it back in its spot. Axel breathed heavily, placing his hand on his chest.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Shai." he cursed.

"My bad." Shai apologized. Axel sat up on the bench, shaking his head.

"Goddamn man. If you wanted me dead, at least try a less painful way." He remarked, shaking his head again. When he didn't receive a response, Axel looked back to see Shai staring at another tv.

The View was playing and they were talking about his parents again. Getting up from the bench, Axel grabbed his towel and wiped his face. He kept his attention on Shai, reading his body language. He could see his back tense up once the video was played again. The ladies commentary on it didn't make things any better. Axel was far from an expert when it came to abuse. His home wasn't perfect; there were issues left and right. None that resulted in any type of abuse though.

He wasn't sure what his friend had been through when it came to his family life. Shai never spoke on it and Axel never asked. At that very moment, he figured that was the right thing to do.