Freshmen 35

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Hampton University
Wed. Nov. 27th, 1:11 pm
"Lonely Around You"

It was finally the day he's been dreading since attending school. Thanksgiving. More so thanksgiving break. Six days straight of being home with your folks. Families come together to enjoy a once in a lifetime meal, watch a football game, and enjoy each others presence. It was a good time for some families. But, for Shai it wasn't much of anything. Just another day of being alive and a constant reminder that he didn't have a family to even go to. Not a surprise at all.

Shai finished stuffing his duffel bag with his clothes. Six days seems like a lot to people but it wasn't anything to Shai. For the last week of speaking on break, he never mentioned what he was going to do. Axel was heading back home to see his family and he was excited to share the news of how his music career was going. Ashley didn't have much going on since she was staying in Virginia. Seeing her mother again was a plus for her. Keith was heading back to North Carolina, pleased to know he'll be able to go on a walk with his cousins and not be questioned.

Then there was Dess. She was going back to Minnesota and having dinner at her grandparents house. She was going to see her aunts, uncles, cousins, and other distant relatives. Surrounded by love, good food, and laughter. Shai remembered the huge smile on her face as she talked about seeing her family. He was happy for her. But, was still keeping his plans to himself because he didn't want to her to feel bad for him. He'll be alright.

A knock came from his door and he already knew who it was. "Come in!" He shouted, zipping his duffel bag. He look back to see Dess entering the room, smiling like always.

"Babe!" She exclaimed, running to him and tossing her arms around his neck. Shai chuckled, kissing her temple and greeted her.

"Wassup baby. You finished packing?" He asked once Dess let him go.

She nodded, climbing on his bed and kicking her shoes off. "Yup, I have a lot of clothes for just six days. I already know everything I'm going to do when I get home." she answered, laying back on his bed. She shut her eyes, feeling like she was floating on a white fluffy cloud. She adored his bed better than hers.

"That's cool. I hope you enjoy yourself." He replied, moving his duffel off his bag and onto the floor. Dess opened her eyes and turned to look at him.

She frown, feeling the change in his demeanor. She turned on her side, resting her hand on her arm. She realized he haven't mentioned anything about what he was going to do over break, making her feel a certain type of way.

"So, what are you doing over break?" She asked, Shai shrugged his shoulders.

"Heading to my aunt and uncle place, and just chilling. Nothing important." He answered, turning to look at her. Dess tuck in her lips. She knew that was all she going to get out of him.

"I hope you know weren't not stopping our regular FaceTime calls. So, when I call you better answer." She told him.

"Who you talking to?" He remarked, raising his brow at her.

"You nigga. Remember that I wear the pants in his relationship." She joked. Shai smacked his lips, grabbing his pillow and hitting her with it.