Freshmen 38

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐖𝐢𝐳 𝐊𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐚
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Hampton University
Mon. Dec. 2nd, 3:42pm
"Adams Mayhem"

Back at school and things didn't seem to change all that much. From one annoying teacher to the next, the cycle continued. Shai look up at the clock for the time. He was at his last class, marketing, and his teacher reminded him too much of Herbert. Not only that but today was the first day of basketball tryouts and it didn't seem like he was going to make it on time. His only reasoning was that his professor was just talking her ass off.

Shai began tapping his fingers against the table. He looked away from the clock and back at Professor Price. A middle-aged black woman who could run her mouth a mile a minute. A millisecond actually. She talked from the time they entered class, 1:15pm to 3:42pm. And tryouts began at 3:45 on the dot. There was no way he was making it. Shai knew that.

"We'll also be having a few projects to help us understand more about marketing." Professor Price continued speaking.

It didn't even seem like she cared that she was going over time and that her students were bored to death. She just kept on talking, getting all of her thoughts out that she had. Once again, Shai glanced at the clock. Three minutes had past and it was now 3:45. Practice time.

"Shit," he cursed to himself. He couldn't take it anymore. Things were already going wrong for him.

Shai began packing up his stuff as he prepared himself to walk out of class. He knew that was a normal thing but he wasn't used to it. A few of his classmates walked out minutes ago and Shai regretted no going with them. Lucky for him, the door to the classroom was right behind him. Rising from his seat, he tossed his bag over his shoulders and hurried out the room. He wasn't even out the class room fully before he started running.

Yes, running. It was an instant reaction. And though it made people look at him weirdly, he didn't care at the moment. He needed to get to tryouts like yesterday.

"'Scuse me! Sorry! Excuse me!" Shai exclaimed at the people in front of him. He ran around them, a couple of them cursing at him or telling him to say excuse me.

Any other time he'll give a full out apology but that was not needed because of the timing he was on. Plus, he wasn't going to see these people again so they surely wouldn't remember. Or they would. He didn't know and he didn't care. Only thing on his mind was making it to the gym. After picking up his speed and cutting through the grass, Shai finally arrived to the student center. He ran to catch the door before it closed on him and he had to use his ID that he didn't have on him at the moment.

Making his way inside the gym, he saw about twenty boys lined up on the baseline. He paused at the door for some reason. It was like his legs had a mind of their own and just stopped.

"Please don't be fucking stupid." He said in his head. But, it was already too since he was already doing it.

Taylor was the first to notice Shai. And even from afar he knew the boy was embarrassed to walk in. Still, he couldn't just stand there since the door was going to be closed soon. Taylor attempted to get Shai's attention by stepping back from Adams. He started waving his hand to tell Shai to come in. Hesitantly, Shai entered the gym with his head lowered so attention didn't land on him. That was impossible though.