Freshmen 58

Hampton, VirginiaThursday, 1/1"Dreams and Nightmares"

Hampton, Virginia
Thursday, 1/1
"Dreams and Nightmares"

{Dear Mama by Tupac}

"That'll be $5.13."

Tay pulled out a ten and handed it to the cashier. He reached for his cup and took his change. Stepping out of the line, he walked over to the station where Bo was standing at.

"Okay, but you can't tell me you don't see it," Bo sparked their conversation back up. Tay shook his head while grabbing two sugar packets.

"I don't though," he answered. Bo smack his lips then leaned beside Tay.

"Come on now, Tay."

Tay shook his head again, "I can't lie. I haven't seen it."

"Aight, but like check it out. He's training with my pops. No one knew about my dad besides you and Adams. You can't tell me the nigga not tryna get some brownie points." Bo mentioned, throwing his free hand up. Tay shrugged, tossing his packets in the trash and grabbing two thin straws.

"Nigga, your pops was in the league. Anyone who's anyone is gonna know who he is." Tay said.

"Yeah, but this nigga knew information that's not on Wikipedia." Bo said, following behind Tay.

"What info?" Tay asked, searching for an empty table. He found one and made his way to it with Bo behind him.

"That my pops has cancer." Bo answered. He took his bag off, placing it in one of the seats and sat down.

"Is that stepping over a boundary?" Tay questioned once he settled down.

Bo shrugged, "Ion know, but he knew about it. All I'm saying is looking up my pops is some weird shit just to train with him." He held his hands up and leaned back.

"Ion think that's weird. He's just doing research which is more than anyone else has done on this damn team." Tay remarked, stirring his coffee so all the sugar at the bottom mixed.

"You also gotta remember, after we leave it's pretty done up from there." He added.

"Whatchu mean?" Bo asked.

"You know..." Tay paused. He looked around the cafe before placing his attention back on Bo. "After you and I leave, the team has no chance whatsoever to win anything." He continued.

"I mean I have trust in the team I do, but you gotta admit we're the ones holding it down."

"True," Bo agreed, nodding his head. "That's not our fault though. That's on Adams."