She scrunched up her face, confused as to what he was doing. That was until she saw Shai where a smile showed on her face. She skipped over to the door, opening it up for them.

"Hey!" she dragged, waving only at Shai.

"Damn, am I not here?" Axel questioned, looking around.

Dess chuckled, "Sorry. Hey, Axel. What are y'all doing here?" she asked, looking Shai up and down. He was wearing a wife beater that was wet from sweat she assumed and grey sweatpants.

"We were working out. Then I remembered that you had cheerleading practice and I wanted to stop by." Shai answered, giving her a smile.

Dess returned one, loving the fact that Shai thought about her. It seemed like after getting each other's number, their friendship improved. They were texting each other all day and night, and FaceTimed while in class. It became a routine for them for the past few days. He texted her good morning with a heart emoji, they sat on FaceTime with each during their first and second class. Since their schedules were differently, they didn't talk to each other again until after practice. And they didn't get off until twelve in the morning.

"I too wanted to come see you, Dess. It wasn't only Shai's idea. I'm just saying." Axel mentioned, inserting himself in the conversation.

Dess chuckled, nodding her head. "I believe you."

"Yeah, but we really came out cause we wanted to see if you wanted to come out with us tonight. There's a yard party tonight to start off homecoming week. We're tryna get fucked up tonight no cap." Axel suggested, leaning his arm on Shai's shoulder.

"Also, ya boy desperately wants to make out with you tonight." He added, hitting Shai's chest. Shai tucked in his lips, shaking his head at Axel and then Dess.

"I don't." Shai mentioned, looking at Dess. "I don't."

"There's nothing wrong with kissing you, I just wasn't planning on doing so tonight..." Shai cleared up quickly just to make sure Dess didn't take it the wrong way.

She didn't.

"Okay." She chuckled. "I actually can't go out tonight because I need to do some studying. I have a test in a few days and need to be prepared. Sorry." she told them.

"A test? During homecoming week? That's bull. Who's the teacher?" Axel questioned.

"Herbert." Shai and Dess said at the same time. Dess raised her brows, staring at him.

"Ion know that nigga, but having a test is some bullshit. You should still come out though before you have to stress yourself out. Come out for my boy." Axel hit Shai chest again, giving Dess a smile that said a lot of what he wasn't verbally saying. Dess caught on fast, slowly nodding her head.

"Gotchu. I still can't come out tonight though because I have to study. But, knowing Shai, he'll call me later and tell me everything." Dess replied, flirtatiously smiling at Shai.

"Go." Shai shoved Axel off him.

"I-"

"Nope, go." Shai told him again, pushing Axel again. Dess chuckled, noticing the face Axel was giving them at the moment.