Interview Response (Females)

District 1~ Etsuko Cicarella (MasterOfTheHouse)

Harsh lights shine into my eyes, and I instantly am left to fight the urge to throttle another tribute behind the head. "Can't the bloody Capitol be reasonable for once in their damn life?" I mutter quietly, and Indy sits next to me -or at least I assume it's Indy; he's the only one who looks comfortable in his suit.

"What was that?" he asks, a cocky grin on his face; he knows what I said and is planning on using it to tease me with it for as long as he can.

"I said, the lights are sparkly! It's pretty!" I reply. Indy smirks, and I glare. It doesn't take long for a hollow noise to be made by my hand connecting with the back of his head. 

"Relax, Dominatrix." he whispers, and I scowl. Somewhere nearby, though I can't see - no thanks to the bloody lights - a guard shouts something about not fighting each other until we're in the arena.

"I just whacked him behind the head!" I reply, and the guard mutters something about the 'crazy psycho bitch' which causes my anger to grow. "I'll fight you in a minute." I hiss, and the guard finally shuts up. 

Before I can get some rest, my name is called.

I walk onstage, picking at the gold minidress I have been put in. Mini doesn't half describe it, and I don't care if gold is in style, I should not be wearing it; it's not my colour - red or black would have been much better.

Sparkle gives me a welcoming smile, and I simply glare back. "Cut the crap," I tell him. "We only have two minutes."

"How do you like being here?" Sparkle asks. I don't glare at him - glaring is bad manners - but I don't smile either.

"I can't wait for the Games, though some of the staff leaves to be desired." I reply, and Sparkle stares curiously 

"Really?" he questions, and I nod.

"Some guard told me to stop fighting with Indy." I explain. Sparkle comments that fighting is illegal, and I gently - well, somewhat gently - tap him behind the head. "That's all I did. It's not fighting."

Sparkle rubs his head - what a weakling, wouldn't get past the bloodbath - and smiles. "I guess you're right. So what's your favourite thing about being in the Capitol so far?" Sparkle asks.

"Well, Indy is rather amusing." I tell him, and he raises an eyebrow. "He's given me a nickname."

"And what would that be?" Sparkle replies, and I laugh.

"Dominatrix." I state, and the audience cheers - especially the women. "Personally, I just think he's whipped, but if the shoe fits..."

Sparkle snorts. "So how far do you hope to make it, and what's your strategy? Smart girl like you must have a strategy."

"A smart girl like me must have a strategy." I correct, and Sparkle mutters quietly. "I'm just going to take the reins the whole time and not let go of the reins until I am back here, making fun of everybody with you."

"How do you know other people won't manage to do that, like Max or Shatter, the pair from Two?"

"You mean the girl with the Spongebob shirt?" I snort. "As for Shatter, he's going to panic as soon as he kills someone, because it's not at all like stabbing a dummy. Of course it isn't, dummies aren't living beings."

Sparkle shrugs, and I smile; I am right. I always am. "Do you have friends or family back home?" he asks.

"Everybody has friends and family." I say. "Whether or not they are waiting, I'll see when I get home." The words sound odd in my mouth, but I know they are true.