Chapter 26: -trayal

~~~~

I'm back! Sorry for the long wait. Homework hit me like a fucking train. However, it's almost winter break, so i should have enough time to update regularly soon

~~~~

Mumbo's pov

     Mumbo looked over to where Grian was. His brain was still moving like sludge and not processing anything whatsoever. However, it snapped back into functionality when he saw that Grian's eyes were shining cyan.

     He stumbled up and backed away, bringing his sword up with his good arm. The redstoner blocked the first slash and dodged a second.

Grian's pov

     Grian watched it play out from behind his eyes in short flashes. He saw the Entity walk him forward. He saw his sword bash against Mumbo's. He saw the fear in Mumbo's eyes. He saw his own helplessness.

     Mumbo raised his sword against a downward slash, stopping it hard. 

Flash.

     He ducked as Grian's shining black sword went for his neck. It struck his arm instead of his neck. 

Flash. 

     The sword swung back around. Mumbo reflected it upwards, leaving his torso exposed. 

Flash. 

     Grian's fist barreled towards the redstoner. 

     It contacted, knocking the wind out of him. Mumbo dodged a kick to his knees. Grian's sword powered down towards Mumbo's head. He raised his blade just in time to stop it. The blow jarred his shoulder. 

Flash.

     He stumbled backward from the impact. 

Flash. 

     He slipped in Pearl's blood.

Flash. 

     Grian's blade knocked his weapon out of his hand, sending it clattering out of reach. Mumbo looked to the sides, trying to find something to defend himself with. 

Flash. 

     Grian's sword stabbed him in the chest. His arm pulled down, tearing through Mumbo's life and into his stomach. Mumbo screamed with what little lung he had left. 

Flash. 

     Grian's arm yanked the sword out.

Flash. 

     Grian regained control of his limbs. He collapsed onto the floor and began crying. He held Mumbo's torn, bleeding body as his breathing came to a full stop.

      It should have been me, he thought. Tears flooded down his face.

      "Aww. Poor little Watcher, all by himself."

     Grian looked up from Mumbo at the Entity.

     "Your friends can't help you now. They're all dead," it mocked.

      Griann felt his magic begin to rumble as he started to emit a purple glow. It began and strong.

     "And it's all. Your. Fault."

     Grian's magic roared to life. He shone like the sun with a burning purple hatred and power. Grian flew at the Entity, barreling through its force field.

     He stabbed the Entity in its forehead. It screamed with an agony that seemed to contain all the pain it had caused. The thing that had plagued them, that had controlled him, that had made him kill his friends, exploded and disintegrated into dust. 

     And just like that, it disappeared. It was gone. Dead. Truly, once and for all, dead.

     Grian sheathed his sword. He stumbled off the throne and walked over to his friends' corpses. He knelt down, still sobbing. He waved his hand using his magic to hide their physical forms. He would still have to carry the weight though. He might never be truly free of that weight. 

     He blasted out the doors and flew the 3-day journey in one long run. After about a day or maybe two of no eating, drinking, or sleeping, he arrived back at their starting point.

     Grian stepped through the portal back to hermitcraft. The message appeared in chat.

Grian joined the game

~~~~

Iskall's pov

     They're back! Or Grian's back?

     Iskall grabbed a handful of rockets and flew off towards spawn, where they had agreed to meet. A handful of hermits were already there. Two minutes later and the rest of the hermits arrived.

     "Why haven't any of the other members of the mission's joined messages popped up in chat?" Ren wondered.

     "And where's Grian?" asked Iskall. They have their questions answered quickly by Grian swooping out of the sky. He's crying? No, that can't be right. No, he definitely is. The others begin asking him questions about the mission and if he was okay. When he spoke they all quieted.

Grian's pov

     "I'm s-sorry," he stuttered out, "I'm s-so so sor-ry, " he continued. Grian waved his hand, making the bodies appear. There was a collective gasp from the rest of the people. Many of them started crying or were on the verge of tears.

     And then he passed out.

~~~~

Break starts tomorrow! Yay!

     -Meep

~~~~