Chapter 13: Holograms Pt. 1

~~~~

Cw: non-graphic violence

~~~~

Grian's pov

Wow. This is a first. I wasn't expecting secret books when I pushed that button.

Grian and Mumbo stood up and walked over. Upon examination, the scrolls seemed to be about dark magic. The names were all in galactic. The avian scanned through the titles until he found one titled ℸ ̣⍑ᒷ  𝙹∷╎⊣╎リ   𝙹⎓  ℸ ̣⍑ᒷ   ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ᓭ. He grabbed it off the shelf and opened it up. A hologram of what looked to be the Entity popped up. The builder yelped in surprise, dropping the parchment. Mumbo came over and stared with astonishment when he saw the hologram.

Mumbo's pov

Mumbo grabbed the scroll, rolled it up, and put it in his inventory.

"This is just what we needed!" he said, "Let's get it to the others."

Grian asked the most important question at the moment, "Do you have any cookies?"

"How is that relevant?"

"I'm just craving chocolate."

"Oh, okay. No, I don't. Sorry."

"Well that's too bad. I'll ask Scar when we get out. Wait, how do we get out?" Grian wondered. Mumbo looked around.

"That's a good question. We could try to break out." They tried this and got mining fatigued, with the walls being obsidian.

"This is going to take forever," the builder stated as he walked around. Mumbo followed him. "Ooh look, another button!" the bane of all redstone pressed it without hesitation. 

Behind him, Mumbo heard pistons firing and the unmistakable noise of wither skeletons. He turned around and found a mass of hundreds of skeletons behind them, advancing quickly. They both screamed and flew up. Dispensers opened up in the wall firing harming, poison, and weakness potions and arrows at them. Tnt exploded, all though the books appeared unharmed. Shrapnel, fire, and broken glass flew around him as he shot up, spiraling around.

A hole opened up in the ceiling. The pair burst through it, landing by the bookshelves with the first button. The gap closed behind them. Mumbo sat there panting. After he caught his breath and drank some milk, he glided down to where the others were.

"We found what we were looking for."

"And almost got killed by about ten thousand wither skeletons," Grian added in, still slowly dying from the effect. It wore off before it killed him, but from Grian's worried expression, he probably came close.

"What did you find?" X asked.

Mumbo pulled the scroll out of his inventory and laid it on the ground. "This has something to do with the Entity. When we opened it, a hologram of the Entity appeared."

"Let's see it then," False said as she unraveled it. The hologram popped up, showing a figure with a crown, armor, and conduit eyes.

A monotone voice played, DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE?

"Yes," they all answered unanimously. 

IF YOU HEAR THIS, YOU ARE AT RISK OF BEING ARRESTED AND/OR EXECUTED BY THE WATCHERS. THIS INFORMATION IS PROHIBITED AS IT IS DANGEROUS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

"Yes."

ARE YOU READY TO BEGIN?

"Yes."

The hologram expanded to fill most of their area of the tree zone. Images flashed of a castle and city in what might have been the end. There were 12 different banners on the castle, a different one in each image. The city seemed to grow and thrive.

"This must have been the End under the monarchs before the Entity," Grian observed, "It looks beautiful."

The architecture was similar to that of the End cities, but on a hundred times the scale.

Then a new era arrived. The scene changed to a throne room. There was a red carpet down the middle leading up to a throne. Each side had five large pillars with a banner on it that looked like a conduit with a black background. Crowds of people stood on either side of the isle. 

On the opposite side of the throne was a person kneeling. It was wearing armor and a long royal cloak flowed down its back.

Grian's pov

It looked like the Entity when Grian had faced it in the mind space, but with actual skin. In front of it stood a person holding a crown. 

She placed it on the Entity's head and announced, "Rise, Lord Tolo, king of the End!" The Entity stood as the crowds called out, "All hail Lord Tolo!" and similar things. 

It walked over to the throne where it stood and raised its arms. "Thank you for the warm welcome as king, my people," it began, putting a little too much emphasis on the word my, "My reign will be like no other. A unique rule in which the kingdom will thrive and grow like never seen before. While my predecessors have had acceptable reigns, mine will be exceptional. I will bring true peace and prosperity to the kingdom. We will use new tools and magic to usher out the old and bring in the new," the speech faded out as the image shifted.

Now it showed armies being trained under the Entity.

A scene of the Entity reading and pouring ingredients into a crude brewing stand appeared. The room was a study of sorts. There was a window overlooking the city. In the corner stood a large shelf with everything from books to pickled brains on it. The Entity was standing in front of a desk. The desk was covered in assorted brewing ingredients, books, notes, and a brewing stand. Torches lit up the room, giving off an eerie glow.  

"Why won't this work? It should be working!" it muttered to itself before casting a book and bottle aside and leaving the room. 

The next scene showed it back in the room. It was the middle of the night. The Entity's eyes were bloodshot and had huge bags under them. It sifted soul sand into a bottle with something else. Maybe ghast tears? The elixir glowed a deep cyan. The Entity threw back its head, letting out a maniacal laugh.

"I did! I finally did it! I've made the Devourer!" it exclaimed.

~~~~

Somewhat awake Meep here! I'm going to sleep now. Good night. (When I finished writing this, it was about 1 am. It's not 1 right now though, so don't scold me too much for not sleeping)

     -Meep

~~~~