Chapter 5: An Explaination

~~~~

This chapter will probably be short

Cw: mild cursing in the form of a Percy Jackson reference

Grian took a deep breath in and mumbled, "sotheentityislivingandsometimesitpossessesandtalkstomeandits-" Grian stopped, out of breath. He was about to tell Scar about the petrification, but the Entity stopped him.

You've already said too much.

"Slow down, you're talking at the speed of baby zombie!" Scar said.

Grian gave Scar an explanation, skipping over the parts about the slash on his back and the petrification.

"Is that what you needed the book for?"

"Yeah, about the book... I was looking for some sort of potion to block out the Entity. I found what I was looking for, and I got through the title of the page. Then the Entity took control of me, lit a small fire, and burned it. I'm sorry it got destroyed."

"It's fine. It's not your fault that you got chosen as a host for an evil spirit. However, I am mad at that dam boulder," Scar commented.

Grian let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. It felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. He was glad that Scar was so understanding about the book.

The alchemist remembered something else he wanted to bring up.

"Another thing I should say, I think that the Entity might be a god."

"That's bad. That is very, very bad. Why do you think that?"

"He referred to me as a 'silly mortal.' Mortals don't say that to other mortals."

"You have a point. I wonder what the Entity's goal is."

"I have no clue."*

*Enters fourth wall door*

Ok that's all the dialogue I can write in a row. Back to other things

Grian and Scar chatted for a little bit longer before heading off to do work on their various projects. The prankster worked on the trading hall for a while before heading home.

He landed next to Mumbo's vault. The builder missed his friend. The mustachioed man said that he would only be gone for a month, but that felt like an eternity. I wonder if the Entity had anything to do with it, Grian thought to himself. While he pondered this, he set up secret fools. It'll be good to get my mind off of all of this and do some pranking.

After setting up secret fools, headed over to the side of the river, and sat down, watching the sunset. It didn't last for very long. Someone (cough-Bdubs-cough-cough) slept, and it turned into a morning sky. He was trying to work out how to deal with the Entity. Whatever the solution, he figured he would need a lot of energy, so he built a water wheel.

The next day, ¾ of it was on the Entity.

Grian, I said not again, the Entity ordered angrily.

A wound appeared on his arm. It wasn't as severe as the first one on his back, but it still hurt like a b*tch. Swearing, holding back tears, and clutching his arm, he ran inside his house, and dug out bandages.

~~~~

*When I wrote that, I realized that I had no motive for the Entity, so I had to get one of my friends to help me. Writing is fun when you only have half of a plan.

I don't know how to end this chapter, so you get a sorta cliff hanger. Take it or eat it.

I'm sorry that this chapter is so short. I couldn't think of anything else to put in it.

Also, I am aware that the timeline for this is gonna be all wonky.

Do you want me to start putting a word count at the end of each chapter?

Bye for now,

          -Meep

~~~~