Chapter 15: Planning

~~~~

Yay, I can write nice, complete things again!

I should clarify this quickly. The modern Watchers are different from the original Watchers because of their mindspace. They have a more rigid mindspace, which means that the Entity couldn't access they're mind. It also means that they don't feel emotions as strongly. However, original Watchers have a normal mindspace but they have more control of it. They also have the Watcher halo.

Cw: none

~~~~

Xisuma's pov

"Wow. That explains a lot," Grian said.

"Yeah, it does," Mumbo replied.

"It also puts into perspective how powerful the Entity is. It managed to survive the server void," Xisuma noted. 

Some of the others looked confused, so the admin explained, "The server End is an End dimension that is in between servers. Anyone can access it, though most people don't because it is extremely dangerous. There, a person's code is unstable, meaning that it can be modified by anyone with enough power and the right tools.

"The server void is different from our void. Once you fall in, there is absolutely no escape. No flight, no ender pearls, no fishing rods. That's why Xandi couldn't fly back up to the island. The fact that the Entity survived guarantees that we are facing something different from us. It's probably almost completely invulnerable. You managing to escape it is incredible," X finished, giving Grain a little nod.

"It's also had 500 years of sitting in the void to improve its magic. It's going to be a lot harder to defeat now than back then," Tango added.

"Before we start planning, can we get a little bit of a break? I'm hungry," Scar requested. Pearl gave everyone soup and Scar handed out cookies. They all sat around and chatted for a while, before heading back to their bases. 

Tango's pov

The next day, they all gathered back in the center of the nether hub. 

"So, what's the general outline for the plan?" Tango asked.

"We should begin by figuring out how to get to the server End, assuming that's where the Entity is," Pearl started.

"I know how to get us there, so that step's taken care of," Xisuma said.

"Then we need to find out where the Entity is," Mumbo continued.

Grian spoke, "I can probably use my Watcher magic for that."

"Then we fight it and kill it," False finished.

"Sounds like a solid plan," Scar said.

"Well, then I think it's decided. Everyone, go get prepared for the journey. We'll meet back here in four hours," X announced. Everyone headed off to their bases to pack.

Grian's pov

Grian sighed, looking at his Watcher mask. He hated the thing. It brought back too many bad memories. If it weren't for its extreme usefulness, he would have destroyed it years ago. So, instead of obliterating it, he hid it in the deepest depths of his chest monsters and pretended like he had blown it up.

Today, however, he had dug it up to use his Watcher sight to locate the Entity. He grudgingly stuffed it in his bag.

He shoved the rest of the things he needed in shulker boxes and put those in his sack.

A few hours later, the seven gathered at the tree. X sent a message out to the rest of the hermits letting them know that they would be leaving.

Xisuma's pov

"Everyone ready?" Xisuma asked. The rest of the group gave nods and yeses. The admin pushed a button, sending them all into a weird spinning dark green plane.

General pov

Xisumavoid left the game

Tangotek left the game

PearlescentMoon left the game

Grian left the game

Mumbo left the game

GoodtimewithScar left the game

FalseSymmetry left the game

False's pov

A dark blue and green wave of shimmering binary washed around them, covering their view. It made her feel weightless. 

The seven floated in midair for a few seconds before landing on some endstone. The wave washed away, revealing the End.

At first glance, the server End looked the same as the normal End. However, something about it felt off. Maybe the air was slightly colder, or the void was slightly blacker, or the endstone was slightly paler. False couldn't really tell.

"Step one is complete. Time for phase two," Tango announced.

Grian sighed and sat down. He dug around in his bag for a while before coming up with a Watcher mask.

"Wow. I've never seen one before. Can I touch it?" Scar asked.

"No. I want this thing to be out for as little as possible," Grian answered.

"Fine," Scar said, letting out a mock sigh of exasperation.

Grian's pov

"Well, let's get this over with," Grian groaned, putting the mask on.

The whole world seemed to light up around him. He could see everything, anywhere he looked. He scanned the general universe, looking for the Entity.

"Found it," he announced before ripping the mask off his face and stuffing it in his bag. "Now I can put this stupid thing away. It's at (86494, 78, -54233)."

"That's gonna be too far to fly with the rockets we have," Tango said.

"We can't get more for a few days. It takes too much magic to do a transfer more than once every four days or so with this many people. It will take longer to wait than to just walk," said Xisuma.

"Then let's get started," Pearl said.

~~~~

"Don't you love it when you're about to fall asleep and are being somewhat responsible about sleeping and then your mom wakes you up to get hydrocortisone and so you decide screw I'ma go write some more?"

     -Meep 8/3/2022

I am half a fucking sleep

Gn maybe idk

Six days later: I have slept and found the focus to edit this. Yay.

     -Meep

~~~~