Chapter 14: Holograms Pt. 2

~~~~

Well I was tired and I needed to finish last chapter, so Holograms has two parts now

Cw: pain, violence, death

~~~~

Grian's pov

The images showed hungry people, people begging, and people crying. Then it showed a group of citizens in what looked to be a cellar. They were all wearing cloaks, and were gathered around a table with a map on it. They were laying down markers.

A new person entered the room. Everyone in the room turned to see who it was. The newcomer pulled their cloak hood off and everyone else relaxed.

"I think I figured out how to use the magic we discovered," the woman said. She pulled what looked to be a prototype Watcher mask. It looked like the one    ̇/ᔑリ↸╎ was wearing when the Entity showed Grian the leader of the first Watchers.

"You put it on, and you can see anything you want to." The other people in the room gather around her, asking to try it. They each put it on, astonished at the power that came with the mask.

"We can use this to find food storage to feed people and steal weapons," one of the rebels said.

The scroll shifted, showing soldiers marching down the streets. They were searching houses. They were forcefully interrogating citizens about a rebellion.

The hologram changed to display some of the Entity's soldiers dragging someone in. The person had ragged clothes and cuts all over him. His hands were cuffed behind his back. He had dirt and scrapes all over this body. Grian was pretty sure that he was the person who said that they could use the mask to steal from the Entity. The guards knocked him on his knees.

"This is the traitor you were searching for, your majesty," one of the guards said.

"Thank you for bringing him to me," the Entity replied, "Now, if I were you, I would back up."

The Entity pulled the potion that it called 'the Devourer' and drank it. It spread its arms and began chanting "ᒲᔑリ↸⚍ᓵᔑ∷ᒷ    ᔑリ╎ᒲᔑ" over and over again. The man started to shine, the light streaming to the Entity. The Entity began to glow cyan. The light from the traitor flowed into the Entity's mouth. The man was screaming.

Suddenly, the light from both of them shut off. 

The man's body fell limp to the floor.

Many scenes like this flashed by. 

So this is what it was trying to do to me. Grian shuddered. I'm glad it didn't have its full power.

There were abandoned and burnt houses on the streets now. Everything had an air of depression and fear to it. There were no kids playing in the streets, and the only people walking around looked like they were trying to hide in cloaks and pockets.

The scroll showed the people in the basement again. There were many more of them this time. The one who had made the first Watcher's mask was handing more of them out. The rebels put them on.

The mask-maker stood on a chair, wearing the mask.

"Lord Tolo has brought nothing but terror and misery. It promised a new reign of magic and knowledge, and, well, it got magic. And now it can take the very essence that keeps us alive. We need to take a stand now, before it becomes unstoppable. When the time comes, we will wear these masks with pride. We are the defenders of the people. The hope for a new era. This is the Watcher's Rebellion. We are the Watchers!" they announced. Her small speech was met with cheers and applause. This must be    ̇/ᔑリ↸╎.