1: We Have To Protect Each Other From The Heterosexuals

i just felt that today was the day u know <3 please dont read the old authors notes they r so cringey i was 15 but i will not delete them bc im lazy <3

"Are you nervous?"

"Of course I'm nervous."

"Don't get snappy with me, Frankie."

"You're my boyfriend, not my mum."

"Shut it, now come on, you're going to be late."

And perhaps Frank found far too much joy in slamming the car door on his boyfriend as he stumbled up through the staff car park and made his way to the front steps, and one hell of a reception and a woman he reckoned he never ever wanted to cross.

And this was very moment that twenty five year old Frank Iero wanted to grab his teaching degree and fucking burn the thing, right before the eyes of the whole fucking world, because this was literally the worst idea in the world, and Frank was totally certain of that, and it wasn't just nerves; Frank really wanted to just run, and leave and never come back.

But Max would definitely kill him if he chickened out now, and Frank really did begin to wonder just how much his boyfriend really was acting as his mother; it wasn't even like Max was more than a year older than him, and the two had met at a concert, and it was every cliché, and Frank just loved how easy it all was, and the dude could fucking cook, and he totally wasn't even that angry when Frank had adopted yet another dog last week, even though they already had two, and Max had made some stupid joke about the dogs paying rent and-

"Are you just going to stand there?" The receptionist from hell suddenly made Frank very aware of the fact that he'd kind of been stood on the same spot for about ten hours, having some sort of half hearted nervous breakdown: it really must have been a sight.

"I... uhh..." Frank's cheeks flushed the absolute worst shade of red as he turned to the woman, "I'm the new English teacher, Mr Iero." He added, stumbling over his words just a little.

"Yeah, I can tell you're new." She added with a roll of her eyes that Frank felt better to just pretend he hadn't noticed. "Head wants to see you in his office- fu- I totally have to show you where that is, don't I?"

Frank thought it best to just refrain from saying anything at this point, and just watched as the receptionist from hell got up from her desk with what was nothing less than an extremely theatrical display of reluctance, and began walking down a corridor, and fucking entirely too fast, and Frank really felt like he was fifteen again, and dear god, why the fuck did he ever decide to be a teacher?

"Mr Urie, this is that new English teacher that you employed." Frank watched as the bitchy receptionist made her way back down the corridor after she'd deposited him at the head teacher's office, and Frank did really feel like a fucking child, and it really didn't help how she was going fucking all out with the ensuring that no one even thought for a moment that she was at all vaguely associated with him.

"You're probably the most nervous anyone's ever been, you just the radiate the whole 'I don't have a goddamn clue what I'm doing' vibe. I'm Brendon, Brendon Urie, call me Brendon." Mr Urie decided that being insanely blunt was the absolute best way to start this new boss/employee relationship.

"I'm sorry?" Frank stuttered out, his cheeks burning up.

"Oh no, it's fine, the kids absolutely love that, well they're not kids, this is a high school, I mean, I hope you already know that, but- yeah, they totally dig the 'confused, flustered, easy to manipulate' vibe." Brendon smiled in a way that was totally alien to the sentence that preceded the gesture and Frank wondered whether it was appropriate to ask his new boss if he was drunk or something. "Do sit down."