Turquoise and Orange

Hey everybody!!! So this is my first story and I am so excited!!! I've been thinking about this book for a while but have never managed to write it down, so let's see how it goes! Every chapter will have a song to make the playlist and the Prologue's song will be Young, Wild, and Free! Please enjoy, vote, and comment!!! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Prologue: Turquoise and Orange

Seth

I love the feeling of getting buzzed. The way my blood seems to slow down in my veins and everything softens in my head. It makes everything about my fucked up life seem a little bit more manageable.

I sit on the ground with some brunette draped across my lap. I have no idea who she is. I think that her name is Britney . . . or is it Bonnie? I donno, something like that. She keeps on giggling in my ear and I swear that I am going to go insane if she does it again. I have no idea why girls giggle stupidly. It’s not attractive, it’s just really god damn annoying.

I wish that Tuckett was here. He would laugh at me because of how irritated I am by this chick that I am sure he would love to have, but he disappeared into the woods a half hour ago with some girl from school. I should know who the girl is since our town is so small, but I am too buzzed to care.

I grab another red cup as someone hands it to me and down the whole thing. This is the only reason that i would come to the unofficial back to school bonfire. There is always enough booze to go around, otherwise there would be no way in hell that I would show my face at a school event. 

My friends sit around me, so drunk or high that they probably don’t even know where they are.

I glance around the party and my eyes land on the orange bonfire flames. The wind blows and the fire calms slightly down. Over the tops of the flames, some girl catches my attention.

Her small but curvy figure is covered by a tight, black, long sleeved dress. Her feet have worn down chucks. The one thing that stands out the most is her long, wavy blonde hair with turquoise streaks running throughout it. It shimmers when the light from the fire hits it. The girl’s back is to me so i cannot see who it is. 

I try to look away, but I can’t. 

Before I know what I am doing, I push Britney/ Bonnie off of my lap and head toward the bonfire. I hear the girl whine and call me an asshole. She really has no idea how right she is.

I walk up to the fire and go around it, but the girl is nowhere in sight. I turn in a full circle, looking for her, but I can’t see her anywhere. I grab another beer from a guy passing by and down it quickly.

Damn it.