Prequel Chapter Five: A Game Of Cat and Mouse

My hair fluttered slowly back down over my shoulders and against my back, my eyes shifting in many different shades before they finally rested at the color green. My mind slowly began to process the disrespectful tomfoolery that I had just heard, my plump lips parting in disbelief. Without saying much else, I walked on ahead of him, feeling his confused stare follow me as well as his sauntering form.

"Oiie..?" He exclaimed behind me, my eyes watching his shadow overtake my own. He is a behemoth of a man, over seven feet tall with bulging four arms adorned with black talons. His eyes were the redest of blood and his back and shoulders were broad as could be. In size comparison to my own stature, I came up to his sternum.

I was pretty tall for a woman especially in my kingdom, my mother was average height, therefore I got the height from my father.

"Oiiiee wench...!" Sukuna called out to me again only for me to blatantly ignore him as I walked on. For any other person or female, this would have been dangerous. One, from what I could pick up in his demeanor... Turning your back to him warents death as well as ignoring him.

'I wonder who raised him, he stands above everyone else and expects other to pay the respect he's due... Doesn't mean I'm going to bow down to him.'

"My name isn't wench, it is Neferei, Foul curse." I turned my head slightly, casting my now red orbs onto his towering form, my eyes staring directly into his. "Be sure to remember it, beast!" I snarled, his expression shifting to a stunned one. His four glowing red orbs stared into me as if to burn me where I stood, I only proceeded on walking as if he hadn't just giving me a glare that could've killed me.

"I do not care what your name is, to me your the dirt beneath my feet. Understand the Pecking order." He reached out with his colossally large hand and grabbed me by the hair, yanking me back with a snarl.

I tilted my head back as he practically leaned over me, his canine teeth present as well as the irritation that seems to grown in his expression. Another one of his hands grabbed my jaw and squeezed, my lips pulling back over my teeth. "Are you insulting the color of my skin, or do you actual believe me to have such little existence?" My eyebrows furrowed over my eyes and my lips seemed to develop a permanent frown.

'This man is going to give me premanent frown lines.'

"And you should only be pulling my hair if you're -----"

His eyes flashed violently, his grip on my jaw tightening. "Finish that sentence and I'll be sure to give you what you're begging for."

"Beg, me Beg you? What's wrong with your mental state might I ask?" I continued to insult him just as he was insulting me. It seemed to be a game we seemed to enjoy playing, that is until one or the other's patience begins to wane.

"You're gonna make me sew your lips shut, stop talking." He shoved me away from him, clearly I won this round. I gave an unnattracfive snort, stumbling forward slight, turning around slowly to face him.

"I listen to no one... Don't expect me to listen to you, foul curse." I cocked my head slightly, his fingers curling and uncurling at his sides. He seemed uncertain, unsure but most of all bewildered. I'm pretty sure no one ever spoke to him like this, and if anyone had, rest their poor soul.

"You enjoy provoking me, don't you maggot?" He crossed his arms across his chest, his eyes now appearing more chilling than I've seen them. He went still as he stared at me, right into my soul, his other hands clawed up at his sides. He began to slowly lift those hands, spreading his arms wide.

With a slight shift in my posture, my weight distribution to the balls of my feet, I waited in silence, the wind being the only indication that life was still going on.

Whatever was going on between me and him felt like it was going to be a normal thing, there was tension in the air, both sexual and murderous.

I then walked slowly closer to him, his eyes dead set on me like a falcon hunting it's dinner. I now stood arm lengths away from his towering form, my cursed marks and hieroglyphics glowing luminosity. "The tension could be cut with my Khopesh." I chuckled, just as the very weapon appeared in my hands. The silence was defending and the tension between us began to grow. " Tell me Foul curse, why string this along any longer? What's stoping you from doing what you really want?" I tauntingly took a step closer, his lips parting before lifting up to expose his dangerously sharp demonic teeth. He seemed to curl in on himself, reminding me of a crouched cat ready to spring.

He put his face next to mine, his entire form twitching as if he was having a major withdrawal. He looked like a crazed beast deprived of a well awaited meal, his posture, his aura giving off a dangerous feel. I was really toeing the line with this one, but I had no regard for my life only because I knew it wasn't in danger.

I shifted my body forward, his harsh breath blowing past my ear loudly as he too leaned closer, wating for the opportune time to make his devine move.

"For you to say something so reckless, knowing that I enjoy maiming as well as the slaughter, is quite dumb of you. If you would only die, there wouldn't be any need for the string." I chuckled at his reply, placing my fingers over my lips as I laughed. He may not have meant to, but I found what he said about string somewhat funny. I got so carried away in fact that I lightly patted his face, trailing my fingers to his chest.

"How about we don't do something that will end with me getting fucked.... As much as I want to, I'd rather not."

He clicked his tongue, grabbing me and throwing me over his shoulder, his other large hand harshly smacking my rumpus. "Too late for that now, you've gotten me riled up, wench."

"Please don't make me brake one of your arms, I told you that isn't my name." I shouted loudly as we continued the journey leading to his home.

"Pecking Order..."he cackled

"I should be the one saying that."

[Mr. Popo Has entered the chat

Mr. Popo: "Called it!"]