Chapter XVI

1st Sunday
3rd Person P.O.V

"I'll see you later?" Erica asked from the driver seat. It was like mid-afternoon and she was dropping Ryan back off to her grandparents house after they went to a New Year's party together.

"Yea." Ryan said. She shut the car door and walked inside the house.

There wasn't many people here they all left after celebrating to get some sleep. Her mother would be leaving on the 5th and her classes start back up on the 9th. The older folks were in the living room talking when Ryan walked past them.

"Wassup." Ryan spoke. The older folks conversation stopped for a split second before starting back up. The girl was confused but brushed it off.

The girl went into the kitchen to get something to drink before heading upstairs to her room. So to give context when everyone found out Ryan was with Erica they decided on giving her the silent treatment.

When the girl entered the room she found Grace sitting on her bed. Grace was the only one not ignoring her but that's only cause she wanna try and talk some sense into her.

"Wassup?" Ryan questioned.

"We needa talk." Grace said standing up from the bed.

"About?"

"You and Erica. Why the fuck are you back with her? Are you seriously bout to let her play in yo face like dat again? All because you wanna be wit somebody."

"Since who was I wit your concern?"

"Don't even do dat. Ion know why you don't just talk to Gen—"

"Dat girl don't wanna talk to me I den told you this. You don't think I tried calling and texting her?" Ryan said irritated. It's not like she hadn't tried but all her efforts went to waste.

"Well obviously you ain't trying hard enough. Why don't you go talk to her?"

"No Grace. Just leave it alone damn."

"Fine. You wanna be wit dat hoe fine but don't come complaining to me when she cheat on yo ass again."

Grace then left the room leaving a frustrated Ryan behind. The girl sat in her bed and sighed. She picked up her phone and saw a text from Leo.

Leo: Anybody in a clear conscious mind who willingly cheats on you is someone who never liked you to begin with. Don't be stupid Ryan.

The girl didn't reply just reread it over and over. She went to her contacts and hovered over the Geneva's connect before pressing it and calling her.

It rang all the way thru which was good cs it meant she wasn't blocked but it rang all the way thru which meant Geneva didn't answer. She sighed once again and went to bed since she had a long morning.

Geneva on the other hand stared as her phone rang. Deep down she knew she wanted to answer but she would be damned if she let Ryan play her for a fool again.

Last night when she woke up from crying herself to sleep she went to her bathroom to look in the mirror. She never felt more alone then she did right now in this moment. Her eyes fell down the her sink and she looked at her left hand which was next to a razor. She stared at it for a long moment before hearing her mothers voice in her head.