Chapter XIV

31st Saturday
3rd Person P.O.V

When Geneva landed back in Atlanta she sighed as the captain ended his speech. She got her bag and got off the plane along with the other passengers. When she stepped foot in the airport she looked around at the familiar place and before she could pull out her phone she heard her name be called.

She look up to see Ryan along with Grace, Asia, Dominique, Rayona, and Jocelyn. She smiled at the group of girls as she made way over to them.

"What all y'all doing here?" She said smiling.

"We wanted to greet you when you got off the plane. We missed you." Jocelyn said as bubbly as always.

"I missed y'all too."

"Cmon let's go." Ryan said interrupting. The girl seemed kinda off to Geneva. Grace was staring down Ryan and the girl looked like she was trying to dodge the eye contact.

The rest of the girls seemed oblivious to the whole thing. Ryan grabbed Geneva's bag from her as they made their way to the car.

When all the girls got in the car they made their way back to Ryan's grandparents house. When they got there they walked in to a packed house.

When everyone saw Geneva she was greeted with wide smiles and hugs. She didn't think she would miss this family as much as she did when she was in NC.

"Geneva we're so glad your back." Earnest said. He had grown attached to the younger girl. She reminded him a lot of a younger him.

"Glad to be back." She said and dismissed herself up stairs. She chose to not unpack her bag and actually go through all her things cs she would unfortunately be leaving back to school soon.

When she was done organizing all her stuff she had heard talking in one of the other rooms upstairs. She saw it was Grace and Ryan and walked in.

"...gon blow up in your face." She heard Grace say as she walked in.

She kinda regretted walking in. The room had went quiet and the air was tense. Grace was staring down Ryan while the girl looked at the floor.

"Y'all good?" Geneva asked.

"Yea we good. You ok?" Ryan said looking her up and down.

"Yea."

"Ryan." Geneva looked at the older girl and could tell she was upset.

"I'm bout to go take a shower." Ryan said and slipped out the room.

"Grace, what's wrong?" The older girl sighed shaking her head.

"Nun."

Geneva was left alone and confused. The two had been acting weird since the airport and Geneva wanted to know why. She pushed it to the side thinking that maybe they got into it over sum.

About an hour later Geneva ended up goin with Ryan to the store to get sum cider for tonight. The car ride was sorta awkward. Ryan wasn't her normal self she was more quiet and nervous.

"Ryan."

"Yes?"

"What's wrong?" The shorter girl stared ahead at the rode but it was like she wasn't truly paying attention more so in her head.

"Nothing. I'm ok. Are you? I never asked how it was back home."

"Umm yea it was ok. I enjoyed hanging with my friends and seeing my uncle."

"That's good. My grandad wanted to talk to you about your uncles situation too I forgot to tell you."

"Oh what about it?" Geneva asked confused. Ernest had already known the whole story of what happened already.