Chapter V

11th Sunday
3rd Person P.O.V

Geneva woke up early once again and got dress. It was around 8 and instead of going towards the kitchen she left straight out the house. She had never been to this side of town and drove towards target.

When she got there she went straight towards the toys aisle. She was looking for fidgets for Ryan because she noticed yesterday her hands get a bit restless. If only her highschool self could see her now buying shit for a girl that don't even fuck wit her.

After she was done with that she went to go grab sum food and drive around her a lil longer before going back to the house.

When she walked back through the door she saw some of the older folks in the living room. Wasn't many people here so the house was quiet.

"Geneva we were looking for you this morning." Earnest said.

"Yea I missed my cooking buddy." Sharan said. Their words had warmed her heart. She hadn't felt this type of welcoming and love since her mother died.

"Sorry had to go out and get a few things." She responded.

"Ryan don't start that tapping again." Geneva heard Ryan's mother say gently from the kitchen. "If you'll excuse me."

She entered the kitchen and saw Ryan at the table with food in front her. Nyla saw her enter and went back to conversation with her cousins and brother Ernie.

"Why you ain't eating?" Geneva asked.

"Where you been at?" Ryan asked in return.

"Getting these there for you." The girl handed Ryan the bag and she opened it up.

"How you know I like these?"

"Saw sum at your spot when I was over."

"Thank you." Geneva sat down beside the girl and watched as she looked and played with all of them. Nyla noticed her daughter with a smile on her face and could see she was happy wit Geneva.

Nyla also noticed that Ryan wasn't eating and was about to say something when Geneva beat her to it.

"Why you not eating?"

"Not hungry."

"No you just distracted." Geneva said and took her fidgets back. Ryan looked confused and offended. "You can get these back after you finish eating."

"You sound like my mother." Ryan said glaring at her.

"Your mothers a smart women. Eat." She retorted and as Nyla heard her say that a smile graced her face.

"Heard that imma smart woman." She bragged to her cousins and they laughed.

Around 12 Earnest had proposed going to the country club. The older folks agreed but Nyla and her cousins and brother decided to go do their own thing. Ryan convinced Geneva to go with because she wanted to show her around.

"What y'all doing here?" Earnest asked sum of the kids and his son who were already at the club in their section.

"Ryan said y'all were coming and we were close by." Izaack Grace's brother said.