Chapter IV

10th Saturday
3rd Person P.O.V

The next morning Geneva woke up relatively early around 7. She got up and took a shower opting to change in the bathroom since Ryan was in the room. She got dressed and made her way downstairs. She thought everyone was still asleep but she heard voices coming from the kitchen she walked in and saw Sharon, Sherice, Nia, and Tia talking.

"Sorry thought everyone was still sleep."

"No need to apologize. Think of this as your home away from home. Go wherever you want. The rest of them sure do." Sharon encouraged. The other three women agreed and she felt more comfortable.

"You fell asleep early last night. I'm surprised these kids ain't wake you up."

"Yea, I guess I'm still on my school schedule. Cheerleading wakes me up and puts me to sleep pretty early."

"Ahh. How long you been doing that?" Sherice asked.

"Since um freshman year of highschool. When I was younger I would do ballet and gymnastics tho."

"Nice. I did a lil cheerleading myself."

"Girl no you didn't." Sharon said and Sherice smacked her lips.

"Yes I did."

"For like two damn days."

"That's good most people don't make it past tryouts."

Sherice thanked her for defending her and they laughed about it. Sharon had insisted that she make Geneva breakfast. They talked and talked and Geneva felt like she was actually part of this amazing family instead of her terrible one. She wished she could have this everyday.

"What I'm saying. See this is why we should have met earlier." Sherice said once Geneva defended her once again.

"The girl gotta family she can't be defending you 24/7." Sharon said and Geneva cringed at the word family, that couldn't be more false. "I mean that's why Ryan said why we hadn't met you earlier."

"She did?" she asked and remembered that was her excuse. "I mean of course. Um yea I go and visit my mom's grave...often in south carolina."

"See look you den made the girl sad." Sherice said.

"Naw I'm fine. Honestly it happened so long ago." She said, trying to hide her sadness.

"No matter how long they've been gone the pain is still there." Sharon said and Geneva nodded and before she could say anything Ryan came in on the phone.

"But you promised...I'm not saying that I just wish you would put work second for just a min...yea I'm good it's whatever call me when you decide to come." She said and hung up.

"Girl what you mad about? Who was that?" Sharon asked.

"My mother. she's not coming. Apparently a patient called her for surgery."

"You know she gets busy."

"Right. What you doing down here?"

"Talking. Check yo tone." Geneva said and the older folks was in shock Ryan actually apologized.

"Not Ryan being checked." Grace said coming into the kitchen wit some of the other kids.