Chapter II

8th Thursday
3rd Person P.O.V

The next morning came fast and Ryan woke up to get to her morning class. When she finished it was 11 and she had another lecture at 12. She spent the hour getting food and looking over things. Her phone started ringing interrupting her thoughts and she looked down and saw it was her mother calling.

"Hey ma." Ryan said when she answered.

"Janaya, Grace told me you're bringing your girlfriend home." Her mom said happily and addressing her by her middle name. She cursed her family for having such big ass mouths.

"Yea I am."

"Finally! I can't wait. I'll be there Saturday." Ryan smiled at the last part because honestly she couldn't wait to see her mother.

"Ok. I gotta go to class. I'll call you later."

After all her lectures were over which was only one more at 3 she made her way back home. She waited for Geneva and ordered food for them both. Geneva true to her word got there again at 9:45.

"Hey come in." Ryan said and moved out the way.

"Thanks. So I figured if we're doing this then you should inform me as to why we're doing it in the first place."

"Right. how about over some food?" Ryan said and opened the oven to pizza.

"...sure." They get their food and Ryan explained everything that happened. From the start of her past relationship to the point when she started this fake lie and Geneva listened to every word.

"...and yea that's about all of it."

"Wow. Well firstly I'm sorry you got cheated on that sucks. Secondly you really should have ended this lie sooner."

"Yea I know it was stupid I was just embarrassed." Ryan said shyly and Geneva threw her some sympathy.

"I guess I understand. It's getting late I should go. I only have one class and no practice just let me know when I should meet you here tomorrow." Geneva said getting up and throwing her trash away.

"Ok. I'll text you. Thank you again Geneva." Ryan said and she nodded leaving.

The next day came and Ryan didn't have any mandatory classes. She needed to actually pack and clean her apartment before she left for awhile. She told Geneva to meet her here at 3 so they could get to Atlanta before 5. They were almost a hour and a half away in Athens.

"Coming!" Ryan yelled when she heard a knock on her door. She opened it to her best friend Mason.

"Sup." He said and came in.

"Hey kid. You about to leave?" She asked cause she knew he was driving home too.

"Yea just wanted to say bye and good luck wit the whole fake girlfriend thing."

"Thanks. Call me when you get home. We can make a day to link." She said and gave him a hug.

"Ok. You do the same."

After he left Ryan had another hour till Geneva would arrive. She decided to take a quick nap before leaving.

Geneva wondered why she agreed to this whole thing. She was convinced it was because Ryan was a old "friend" and not because she had a slight crush on her in highschool and maybe still a small one today. She sighed and continued her walk to Ryan's house. Ryan woke up to a knock on her door and she groaned.