Chapter X

22nd Thursday
3rd Person P.O.V
Ryan Centered

Waking up in the morning Ryan had a slight headache. She heard music playing from downstairs and walked out in the hallway. She looked down to see the older folks in the living room and sum of her cousins older and younger walking around the house.

She went downstairs and greeted her grandmother and the others.

"Geneva in the kitchen?" Ryan asked

"No. She went out with your mother and cousins on that girl's day they been planning."

"I thought that was a grown folks thing?"

"Well your mother felt as though she hasn't really got to know her yet so she invited her." Sharon explained

"Mmm." Ryan groaned sorta quietly. Ryan's family is getting way too attached to Geneva.

"Something wrong?" Sharon asked obviously knowing why Ryan was acting like dat.

"Naw I'm good. Think I'm going to go see the Marshalls I haven't seen them in a while." Ryan said going back upstairs and getting ready.

The Marshall family are friends of the family. They owned a produce store that sold fruits and vegetables. It was a family business so the Marshalls have been in business for a while. The Marshalls were also family friends of the Smiths. They didn't involve themselves in the drama tho they were a neutral party.

When Ryan was done getting dressed she headed out. After the 10 min drive Ryan arrived at the store. She walked in and was immediately greeted by John, a man around her grandfather's age and the current owner of the store.

"Ryan. Long time no see." He said and greeted her with a hug which she returned.

"I know college has been keeping me busy." She answered.

"I'm sure it has. How-" He was saying but was interrupted by his wife.

"John cmere a customer needs you." She said and noticed Ryan behind him throwing her a smile and a wave.

"I'll return but why don't you take a look around you haven't been here in a while." He told her and walked towards his wife.

Ryan walked around and noticed they had moved things around a lil but not too much. She was looking at mangoes thinking about getting sum for her grandmother since it was her favorite when she heard a familiar voice.

"Ryan?" Erica called out and Ryan mentally cussed herself out for forgetting it was Thursday.

"Erica."

"What are you doing here?" She asked and Ryan was annoyed.

"It's context clues all around."

"Don't do that. Why you all of a sudden so mean to me?"

Ryan was literally so dumbstruck at that because 'did you not cheat on me?' she thought.

"Erica what do you want?"

"I miss you. I miss us."

"I have a girlfriend, you know this."

"She here?" Erica asked looking around bc she was lowkey scared of the taller woman.

"No."

"Can you give me a chance to explain what happened?"

"It's pretty self-explanatory. I don't wanna relive it."

"I'm sorry fr. I love you." Erica said and took Ryan's hands.

"I gotta go." Ryan said taking her hands away and leaving.