Chapter XI

25th Sunday
3rd Person P.O.V

The smell of cinnamon woke Ryan out of her sleep: she sat up and smiled as she realized what today was. She was surprised the twins weren't here yet they usually woke her up when they came over. She got up out of bed, brushed her teeth and made her way downstairs.

She walked in the kitchen and was greeted by her grandmother and mother. Geneva and Earnest were coming from outside when she addressed them.

"Where is everyone? and what smell so good?" Ryan asked.

"They'll be here soon. and we made cinnamon rolls." Sharon answered.

Since Sharon and Ernest had the biggest house of them all seeing as they had the most kids and grandkids, Christmas was always held at their house.

It was only 7am so Ryan knew her family would be piling in shortly. It was always tradition that the individual family spend the night together before all coming together.

A/N...when I say individual family I mean Mom, Dad, brothers, sisters like a average household if anybody was confused about that

At about 7:34 is when people started showing up. By 8:20 everyone was there around the tree in the family room.

"Can we open our presents now?" the twins asked.

"Yes you can all open your presents now." earnest said.

As everyone opened their presents, kids and adults Geneva looked around at the smiles on everyone's faces. she could feel the happiness and overall good vibes radiating from everyone. She was happy but at the same time she was sad. Her phone rang, breaking her out of her thoughts. She looked down to see the prison her uncle was in calling.

"Excuse me?" Geneva said, getting up and walking away from the crowd.

She walked upstairs to her shared room and answered the phone.

"Hi uncle." she greeted sadly once the phone connected.

"Hi little one. Merry christmas. How you been?"

"I'm okay. I miss you."

"I miss you too. You still wit your friends?" He asked. He felt so bad Geneva was spending her first Christmas without him or her mother.

"Yea. I'll be back in town tomorrow."

"That's good you coming to see me?" He asked already knowing the answer.

"Of course. I have so much to tell you." She said and a smile graced her face for the first time today.

"Such a gossiper just like yo momma." He told her laughing.

"Oh don't act like I get it just from her. I remember coming in the kitchen to yall talking about yall coworkers."

"Wow you remember that?"

"Yea. It was my favorite thing about coming over your house with her. When I started working I was upset I didn't get to do that with yall."

"We can always talk shit about people Geneva. I promise." He said and it put a lil smile on her face.

"I miss her." the girl said. Giovanni, her uncle, could tell she was crying now.

"I know. I miss her too kid but what do I always tell you?"

"That she's watching over us."

"Exactly. Don't cry okay. I'll be out soon and I promise that I will never leave you again."