Chapter 196 - 6.56 Third Green Star - Back To The Base

Start from the beginning

The Lieutenant could only grip his hands into fists when he heard Ximen Xueya's words. He knew that in every world his prisoner's task is always to listen to the special authority command, in this world Lou Lan's duty is to do whatever Ximen Xueya orders him to.

Prisoners like Lou Lan had no right. As a warden, Wang Lei should know this more than anything, but he had gotten used to the special authority's nonchalant attitude and never expected that Lou Lan would be used as a sacrifice in this world.

Wang Lei keeps all the words and complaints in his heart while trying to calm his surging emotions in silence. Cao Junye's eyes narrowed when he noticed his subordinate's reaction with a frown on his face, he was about to scold him when Xueya who was holding his hands squeezed it to take his attention. He saw the meaning in his wife's eyes, Cao Junye held back his words and didn't reprimand Wang Lei for forgetting his duties as a warden.

Ximen Xueya said, "Do not worry. I never used someone's life from our side to be used as a sacrifice. I had Yue pass a teleportation stone to him as an amulet. It's a divine-level item that would instantly move him to our place in case something happened beyond my calculations. Since he didn't... then that means he's safe and successfully escaped to the underground facilities. If you want to meet Lou Lan then clean up the zombies."

Calming down after hearing Ximen Xueya's words, Wang Lei lowered his head in apology. Just now he had shown his superiors rudeness and showed negative emotions on his face.

"I apologize. Please forgive my rudeness, Lord Hei," said Wang Lei.

"I understand. But you should at least remember what kind of sin he had committed. Unless you can move his heart completely, don't get too attached." said Ximen Xueya. After talking to Wang Lei, he looked at his husband and said, "Focus on the zombies outside. Leave the ones inside to me."

Cao Junye smiled and kissed his wife before letting him free from his embrace.

"Be careful, wife."

Ximen Xueya distributed the bombs and grenades to the soldiers and left most of them to his husband before carrying his excited son in his embrace and jumping off the phoenix back. He let himself fall from the high place and let gravity pull them down.

His composure was still elegant during the freefall as if the wind was cushioning them, letting them fall unhurried and at ease. If someone from below could see Xueya's figure falling, they would have thought that an immortal is descending to earth.

Yun Suisen and Xu Lin watched his figure fall in such a serene way. The breeze had only made his clothes flutter together with his hair but none of it had broken the coldness in his temperament. Opposite of Xueya's collectedness, the little bun in his embrace is giggling the whole time due to thrill. This baby seems to have experienced the excitement of flying for the first time. Though in this case, it's falling instead of floating.

"Wow~ he looks so cool~ Won't it hurt if he fell from this high?" asked Yun Suisen.

Wang Lei looked at Yun Suisen like an idiot even Cao Junye smirked when he heard his words. Baize acted speechless while covering his host's mouth, preventing him from saying foolish words like the one beside him.

"Lord Hei is an immortal. As long as his true qi is present then he would never be a mortal," said Wang Lei. "Do you think an immortal would die from jumping off a building!?"

The newly reborn deity Yun Suisen understood Wang Lei's words but instead of just a simple realization, it made him remember the scene that night when Ximen Xueya revived from the dead.