Chapter 128 - 5.29 First Violet Star - Varying Perspectives

Sheya was invited by Shizi to talk about it in his place. Laohu whose duty is to protect his tribe kin followed unconditionally behind Sheya like a guardian. Shizi paid no mind to him. He showed them the way to his own tent. It was the largest tent in the whole Soleil Tribe. Shizi is the tribe leader which is why he owns the biggest place to live in.

The interior of the tent felt empty as the things inside are too minimal. There's only a wooden table at the side with few wooden cups placed in it. On the other side of the place is a huge stone bed covered with thick fur blankets mended together with amateurish crafting. In one corner of the room, weapons made of stone and wood were neatly placed. Aside from those mentioned nothing else is found inside the tent. This is a typical living situation of a bachelor beastmen. As long the male beastman had no female on his side, a dull grey life is the only ending. Laohu didn't react much with this kind of living condition. His place isn't that much different than this.

Sheya on the other hand had looked around with a slight frowned between his eyes. He is clearly showing expressions of disbelief on his face. Shizi chuckles secretly when he sees that. He prepares some hot water and dried tea leaves made from herbs to serve his guests. Well he only literally served a tea cup for Sheya only. Laohu had to pour his tea on his own.

"My place must have looked empty. As I only used this place to sleep and most of the time I am outside doing my duties as a leader. I also help in hunting for food as well." said Shizi.

Laohu who got a cup of tea on his own. "It is obvious as your place isn't that much different from mine. Only those who have females to help them decorate their place like Meizhou would have a house full of things." he said.

"Thank you for the tea." said Sheya who got a cup of tea served by Shizi.

Shizi keeps looking at Sheya through the latter treats him like air.

"This is my private space. You can speak whatever you wanted in here. But first I would like to apologize with how the elders of my tribe had treated you. As I am the only pillar of this tribe it is a bit hard for me to control the elders from gaining authority as well. But I've spoken to them about this, you won't need to attend the tribal meetings for the next day if you don't wish to. I could just send someone to tell you the details of the meetings. But if you want to attend then, I would do my best to control them the next time." said Shizi.

"This..." Laohu is unable to say a word, he truly doesn't wish to continue attending that boring task but he couldn't leave Sheya alone in that place.

Seeing Laohu's expression, Shizi could mostly understand what was going on in his mind. He could only speak words to clear Laohu's hesitance.

Shizi said, "As I have sworn to protect you two while you are in my tribe as representatives I promise that I would protect you guys if you wish to attend the tribe meetings or join the hunting of my Soleil Tribe."

Laohu's eyes sparkled when he heard this, he had wanted to join the hunts of the warrior of this tribe. Unlike the elders inside the tent, Laohu had gotten along well with the warriors of Soleil after fighting with them a few times. They are warriors; they could easily understand the consequences of war and the reason for it. They might hate those who killed their loved ones but it doesn't change the fact that they've also killed the love ones of their enemy. Knowing this the warrior could easily treat the other warriors with less malice than those who had no understanding of war.

"Then I will join the tribe meetings, Laohu could join the hunts and help them collect food. The second week of this month is about to be reached. The Young leader had said that the snowstorm would be coming in the third week." said Sheya.