Chapter 68 - 4.5 Third Blue Star - A Glimpse Of The Future

Dream.

Gui Lan took awhile before he entered sleep as he laid beside the unconscious Xie Ye. He closed his eyes on the bed intending to sleep while hugging the warm person beside him. In his slumber, a hazy feeling fills his body feeling heavy and uncomfortable. Slowly he opened his eyes revealing the pair of pearl orbs which had the shade of aqua.

​​

Gui Lan opened his eyes and saw two full body mirrors in front of him. A black and a white one. Looking around him he couldn't perceive the size of the place. The place is an endless white area with no bounds or horizon. Just simply white. The hazy feeling in his eyes pointed out that this is a pace similar to his soul domain but it was not under his control. After all this is a separate realm from the living. The dream realm only a Dream God can govern such a place. Even he is unable to muster his real capability in such a place much less than most of his skills were sealed now except for few.

Upon remembering his newly acquired ability before he entered this world, Gui Lan understood that it was his precognition skill at work. It was a dream that let him glimpse in the future. A normal user of this skill is usually only able to see a few seconds ahead of time. Most humans do, but who is he? Even without his complete memory he knew that he isn't an ordinary existence. When he trained for the two cognition skills in the system's training ground there was no limit in duration of how much he could see. He could even perceive an ordinary human's full lifetime if he wishes too or see the future options of one's life can have. This familiar scene before him is that skill to see someone's future. That was the mirror he used as a medium to peek through the timelines of the future, which will not cause any disruption to it as long he chooses not to. But this is the first time two mirror's appeared before him.

At first he was bewildered seeing that his precognition skill had activated on it's own, but upon remembering that his skills in cognition is a bit hard to control, Gui Lan knew it must have activated on it's own after using the Retrocognition on Yun Li and Xu Lun this evening.

[A/n: Precognition, the power to perceive future events before they happen. On the other hand, Retrocognition, the power to discern events of the past.]

Gui Lan forward until he was in front of the black and white mirrors. They sat before it to watch the scenes unfold. He first focused on watching the events in the black mirror. The pictures in the mirror unfolds letting Gui Lan see the situation within it. Gui Lan saw the plan he and everyone made. The escape plan was successfully with the help of Gui Lan's father and his people who attacked from the outside. The Institute branch was destroyed and Gui Lan's Second Uncle was caught for his involvement to human trafficking and murder attempts to his two nephews, Gui Lan and Yun Li.

After that event, the scene continues to play. Gui Lan returned to his clan and Xie Ye came with him. They grew up together and not even separating much. As they grew into adulthood, the feelings they shared also matured from close friends to lovers. The minister accepted their relationship in exchange Gui Lan was removed from his position as the heir of the seat. Gui Lan and Xie Ye accepted this condition and the minister had given them the freedom they'd wanted. The couple had left the minister's place when they decided to live on their own. With the inheritance Gui Lan received from his clan, he and Xie Ye had chosen to hide themselves from the world and didn't get involved in it at all. A new heir was chosen for the minister's seat who leads a group to save and capture the other Esper suffering under Inferno Syndicate.

Yi Zheng grew up and reached his destined position as Chief of the Supernatural Investigation Department [SID]. With the promise to meet, Li Xing and him separated that night when they successfully escaped. Li Xing was returned to the Li Family while Yi Zheng was adopted by Agent K and Agent Q as their future successor. But unfortunately, Li Xing who returned to his family had suffered even worse than when he was in the institute. In the end he died under the secret orders of his twin brother, Li Guang. When Yi Zheng first took his position as chief, he had sent an invitation to Li Xing to work with him as a partner, but at this time Li Xing was already dead. Li Guang using the same identical face of Li Xing came instead. He took Li Xing's identity, even tricking Yi Zheng into thinking that he is Li Xing.