Chapter 78 - 4.15 Third Blue Star - Prologue Of The Future

Gui Clan's Territory.

Minister's Place.

​​

Before Gui Lan disappeared in their world, he made sure that every single one of them had a place to stay too. He had never forgotten about them.

The rest of the children's custody was left under the protection of the Gui Clan. They were shielded by the authority of the Prime Minister. This is to prevent those parents who sold their children to that evil place for money and prevent them from repeating such deeds. Among the children three were adopted by the clan. Xu Lun was adopted by Ke Lou. Yi Zheng was adopted by Lin Ye. While the most surprising of all, the prime minister had adopted Xie Ye as his godson and was given a new name of Gui Ye. He was trained to become the next seat as the future minister. Everyone from the clan was surprised by the Minister's decision except for his confidant Old Ke. Even Ke Lou and Lin Ye were in disbelief when they heard about it. Despite everyone's astonishment, Xie Ye remained calm.

Seeing his cool reaction Prime Minister Gui Shi and his confidant, Old Ke was nodding and smiling in their hearts. They really didn't see things wrong about this child the young master had fancied. The child only asked one question.

His eyes were blank as if empty and there was no hint of changes in his mood. The adults can see that this child which is not even 9 is not that bad and even a bit like their clan's young master. Seeing this the other elders of the clan had sighed in relief. Before Xie Ye was asked to be adopted the elders were informed about this plan. They were at first very against it after all the child is an outsider without any hint of Gui's bloodline. But when they've heard that their Young Master Lan had greatly fancied this boy, they were half skeptical and half agreeing in their hearts This is because they knew that their Young Master Lan had never allowed anything to enter his sight much less accept someone. Xie Ye was the first one and maybe the last one.

Gui Shi could see from the hidden vigilance and high intelligence within Xie Ye's eyes. He had only seen these types of eyes from one person. His child, Gui Lan. A child that had been different from the rest since birth, a type of extreme that is beyond the rest of normality. He is so special that the rest of the people in the world were detached from him. His position is aloof and lonely. As if no one could be his match, that's why when Gui Lan grew up as years passed by and still haven't learned what emotion and feelings are, he wasn't surprised. Because in his heart, Gui Lan couldn't accept anyone not like him including his own father.

But Xie Ye is different from him and the rest, he may have a cold temperament and treated others as air, but no one could complain. He is completely above them all when it comes to intelligence and abilities except for Gui Lan, not even the rest of the children from the institute is his match. This is also the reason why Gui Lan fancied him. They were the same type of person. Moreover he had a feeling that as long as Xie Ye is here with them that the child will definitely go home in this place. This old man is willing to gamble with this feeling to keep his son by his side.

Staring at the handsome strict looking man with the same features of Gui Lan except for his blue eyes, "Why?" asked Xie Ye to Gui Shi.

He was asking the reason why Gui Shi is able to accept him despite knowing that he might take away Gui Lan in the future. Xie Ye is not a fool; he knew that this old man before him was informed of every single detail about Gui Lan. This includes his obsession and close relation to the former.

Though in this world same sex marriage had been longed accepted and technology is high enough for the others to not worry of not having descendants. There is still a clear line between the high class families and commoners. The Gui Clan just happened to be from the highest ladder no... they are the peak itself. He couldn't believe that the minister was willing to accept him for no reason.