Chapter 99 - 5.0 Prologue - In The System Space Before The Fifth World

This is the scene of what happened in chapter 4.28 after Gui Lan and Xie Ye reconciled. A cut scene from that time when Gui Lan and his system, Zhi Yue, made a bet with each other.

---

​​

Recollection:

"I still haven't forgotten you rejecting me, A'Ye!" exclaimed Gui Lan.

Xie Ye responded, "I was wrong. It would never happen again, Lan'er."

Xie Ye knew his lover's anger and could only use his ultimate skill. He gave his lover the sad puppy eyes as he looked upon him. Gui Lan who was hit by a bullseye by those eyes suddenly froze and his anger was held up as if cold water was poured over his head. He let go of Xie Ye's hair and instead pulled at his cheeks, playing with his face while pouting.

"If I don't love you do you think those eyes would work!? If it was someone else who looked at me like that I would have plucked out their eyes!" said Gui Lan.

Hearing his lover's poisonous tongue but soft heart, Xie Ye couldn't stop himself from smiling at him. What he didn't know is that this lustrous smile is more of ultra ultimate skill, its effect is much more aggressive than the puppy eyes from before. Gui Lan couldn't even stop the blush from appearing on his flawless face.

'Bastard! What the hell are you concurrently giving away ultimate skills one after another!? I almost could stop myself and jump on you.'

System Yue who just finished his task returned to his host side only to witness this scene. Hearing his host's thoughts, System Yue couldn't help but retort.

[Host, give up. You can never defeat him in your whole life. (waving a white flag)]

"Your back, Yue! Anyway even if I cannot defeat him, controlling his appetite should suffice. I won't let him eat tonight!"

[(Yue raises two more white flags.) I bet 3 redemption tickets that the host will give away in the end.]

"I will bet with you!" said Gui Lan.

Gui Lan then pushed Xie Ye on the bed intending only to punish him but things had gone wrong somewhere and you know what happened next.

---

[A/n: Warning Mature scene ahead.]

A secluded mansion within the distant forest. The place is separated from the human territory. The entire area surrounding the mansion is a forest. It would be more than an hour's walk from where the main building is.

This mansion was built behind the institute but this is because the owner had no intention of crowding with others. He hated noise and clamor which is why he built this house away from others. It is secluded and no one would come even if someone screams for help. Moreover, it's private property.

Within the mansion, except for some dimmed lamps, the lights were all turned off. The silence within the mansion is too eerie and shadows are caused by the dull-lighted lamps' sway as the wind blows. If not for the cleanest interior of the house one would think of this place as haunted.

Within that quiet hallway, heavy-footed steps echo. Every step feels like a stomp and within that stillness is restlessness caused by silence. The sound of clinking metal can be heard as well together with each footstep.

Clang. Clang. Clang.

Clearly, the walking man's weight isn't normal. Based on the figures their shadows show, this person is carrying a chained man on his shoulder.