Chapter 153 - 6.13 Third Green Star - Countdown: 1 Day Left

Start from the beginning

---

There are two ways to become an ability user.

First is to gamble with your life and let the smog from the meteorite enter your body and force you to awaken. Results of this is either you become a zombie or become an awakened one.

Second is to survive a whole month after the apocalypse begins. Within the month the zombies of undead would start to evolve. After their evolution, there would be elemental stone emerging from their heads. Once an ordinary person eats this stone, there is a higher possibility of awakening but there is still 3% of being a zombie. If you are unlucky enough then you would become an undead after consuming the stone.

These elemental stones were also useful to upgrade an ability user's level. One could distinguish the difference of elements through the color of the elemental stones.

Red - Fire

Blue - Water

Green - Wind

Orange - Earth

Gold - light

Grey - Metal

Black - Darkness

Purple - Thunder

Light Blue - Ice

Neon - Plant

Dark Violet - Space

White - Attribute type (Strength, Agility and etc.)

---

Cao Junye felt his body boiling as soon as his body got infected by the Z-virus. Despite his inside burning his sweat was cold. Junye hovers in the midst of his consciousness and unconsciousness. In his last moments before he fell into a coma, he was sure that someone who looked like Xueya had appeared out of nowhere before him.

"Baby...?" He calls and tries to reach out only to finally fall into a blackout and suffer a high fever.

Before he falls on the ground Xueya caught him in his arms. There was no emotion on his face as he hugged the unconscious man in his embrace. It seems that Cao Junye isn't seeing things during his delirium. Ximen Xueya indeed teleported back to the General's mansion to check on him after putting his son asleep inside their seaside villa. System Yue was left to look after the child in his human form. Of course, he didn't left the villa unprotected. Ximen Xueya placed a thick barrier of Ice around the side villa before leaving his son to his uncle.

Back to the mansion, Ximen Xueya caught Cao Junye before he completely fell on the ground. Carrying him on his shoulders, he was thinking of laying him down on the bed in the master's bedroom.

Xueya calls, "Uncle Wu."

Once he called upon this name the man waiting outside entered the room. He respectfully lowered his head in front of Ximen Xueya.

"Xueya-gongzi, your orders." said the Old Butler.

It seems that Ximen Xueya first met the old man when he was in danger when the virus had taken over his body. His antibodies aren't enough for him and almost become a zombie right away. It was at that moment that Xueya had helped him overcome his trials. With someone like Xueya assisting him, his trials had passed without problems. This old butler became the first one to become an awakened ability user. His ability is Strengthening.

Xueya spoke, "Carry him to his room."

"Yes, Xueya-gongzi." said Uncle Wu as he took over the job of carrying Cao Junye.

Once Junye was placed on the bed, he stood at the sides waiting for more orders.

"Prepare juice and some towels for me. I will look after him and you can continue your duties. Thought ability users were considered awakened humans they would still become zombies when bitten. As long as you weren't bitten, getting scratch is not a problem. You should be prepared. After all not everyone could become an awakened ability user. I've just specially saved you because... you are the person who is the most loyal to Cao Junye and my child likes you." said Xueya.