Chapter 135 - 5.36 First Violet Star - Lowland Tribes

Start from the beginning

Somewhere within the primitive world, a man in forest green and black robes walks in front of a huge cave in some forest. The humongous cave is strangely familiar. A towering entrance of almost eight meters tall. Pile of bones scattering around the cave and a huge loud roaring coming from within the cave. This cave is obviously a place for a large type dinosaur to live in.

The man in robes stood in front of the cave with no emotions on his face. His long black hair is half prompt up with a jade hairpin while the rest is flowing on his back like a silk. His features were a quarter part similar to that of Hei Anjing's original face and then that familiar argent colored irises as if his eyes were dyed with the same shade as the color of the moon. Observing closely this man's foot never touches the muddy ground under him, he keeps himself afloat, this person is obviously not a mortal.

The man in robes murmured, "As long as one of that man's soul fragments dies, he would be safe."

After uttering these words this man disappeared in thin air as if he didn't exist in this world. The only thing that was left is the painful groans of a huge beast coming from the large cave he left behind. The agonizing low moans of a beast continues for a while as if this beast is undergoing some evolving process which leads it to suffering such pain. This kind of scene happens not only here in the south forest but in the east and west side of the forest as well.

roa-oar-growl~ roar~ urg! roa-ar~ ROAR!!!

The journey of the team on their way down the mountain is a bit smoother than they've expected. Except for a few ice wolves that came attacking them, they've trekked the mountain successfully by the time the sun had completely risen, they were already halfway down the mountain.

But this weird situation of less wild animals attacking them felt weird. Normally, a group crossing the mountain would meet several wild beasts and even savage beasts on their way down but in their journey, they've only bumped a few wolves and nothing more.

"Sir, this situation is weird. How come there are too few beasts roaming around at dawn? We've only met wolves on our way down." whispered Shizi to Meizhou.

Meizhou's expression remained calm but his gaze was serious as if thinking about something. He then surveyed the near river they will need to pass through to reach the foot of the mountain.

Meizhou's thoughts, 'This river... is too murky. There are too many bones flowing together with the current. If I remember it right, those savage beast kings like to live near a water source as they've used it for their prey as bait. This is really weird. Should I summon 13 and ask him to check the cave where the nearest beast king resides? But if I do my wife will know my plan of killing off those lizards before he could do so.'

Shizi asked, "Sir, your orders?"

"Keep your guard at the highest. Send a few more guards for the elders team. Except for Laohu, Lang, Xiong and you, the rest of the warriors will accompany the other team." replied Meizhou.

"Yes, boss!" The warriors said.

Only Zhubao thought that this son-in-law of his, acted weirdly for some reason.

Zhubao asked, "Brat, is there a problem?"

"Nothing yet. But something feels ominous. Old Man as soon as you've checked the other tribes returned back to the north forest immediately." answered Meizhou.

"Isn't its normal for some beast to be asleep during winter? Obviously the animals roaming around at this time are lesser as well." said Zhubao.

Meizhou responded, "Yes. There should be less wild animals and beasts during winter but too less means there's a problem. This is not the first time we've crossed down the mountain. But on our past journeys we've bumps into some other animal other than wolves. There were some ice bears and arctic foxes. We should be seeing countless of snow hares and squirrels but on our way down those weak animals had all hidden themselves despite the snowstorm ending."