Chapter 113 - 5.14 First Violet Star - Snake Beastman Sheya

Start from the beginning

Once Xuebao saw Meizhou doing what he asked, he once again continued working on the other five chicken he wanted to roast. Using a wooden skewer he had Meizhou made this afternoon. After the chickens were soaked half an hour with honey and the other ingredients he skewered it, separately. He also skewered a few potatoes and tomatoes for those who like to eat vegetables. Then I went to where Meizhou is fanning the fire and started grilling the chicken over it.

After placing the honeyed chicken on the fire, he watched as Meizhou continued to fan the fire to keep it burning. The smoke was starting to converge in the area and he doesn't want to be covered in it. After washing his hands, he walked towards Meizhou and sat on his lap. Since the wind is coming from Meizhou's side the smoke never approached his direction.

Meizhou stiffens only for a moment before placing his free hand around Xuebao's waist and letting his beloved lean on him. The two waited as the chicken got cooked but sometimes Meizhou had to flip the chicken when Xuebao asked him to. These lovers passed their time cooking this way. The atmosphere between them was too serene making those who were watching in the shadows envious.

"Enough fanning the fire. The wind had lessened. Fan me instead." ordered Xuebao who now had closed his eyes intending to nap for a few minutes.

Meizhou pampered him and fanned him as he wished. There's a doting smile in the corner of his lips as he watches Xuebao act spoiled only towards him. He couldn't help but land a peck on his beloved forehead.

"Sleep for awhile. I'll watch over the food." whispered Meizhou to Xuebao afraid of startling him if he used his voice's original volume.

Humming~

Xuebao only replies with a hum.

Without them knowing from the trees not far from Meizhou's place, four figures were watching the couple cook. The four figures were split into two pairs and came over for different reasons. The first pair is the tribe leader and the tribe priest. They noticed that two children were missing in the banquet and decided to look for them. They found Tuzi, Lang and Xiong in the kitchen while the other two were still missing. Only when they heard that the pair had no intention to join the tribe dinner and wanted to have a private one, that these two old men had to leave the banquet to the other elders to look for Xuebao and Meizhou.

These two were the most important pair in the whole tribe. The future of their tribe depends on these two. They were the successor for the high seat within the Lune Tribe and all older generations had accepted them unconditionally.

"That bastard whose forehead is he kissing!!!" said Zhubao the tribe leader.

"Brother calm down. It seems that Baobao decided to forgive Meizhou which is good~" said Anbao the tribe priest with a smile.

Retorted the cranky old man Zhubao, "Forgive your ass! Who told that brat I forgive him. No this can't be... I need to think of something to punish the brat!!" he said.

Anbao asked, "Do you not like Meizhou for our Baobao, brother?"

The tribe leader Zhubao didn't answer right away. His feeling for the brat is contradictory. He was glad to have him as Xuebao's future partner but his past actions were so disappointing that he felt it was really unfair for his beloved son. That is the man who rejected his son in front of their tribesmen. Just thinking of that event makes him want to beat up the brat but unfortunately Meizhou is stronger than him already.

"He is perfect for Baobao. Everyone in the tribe agrees, that even that group of stubborn old men accepts it!" said Zhubao said.

Anbao asked, "Then... how about you, brother?"