Chapter 104 - 5.5 First Violet Star - Evening Banquet

Zacznij od początku

"Baobao~ is my darling son hungry?" asked Zhubao to his son with a sickening sweet tone.

Xuebao's calm expression remained unmoved with his father's childishness as if used to this kind of person.

"Yes. So announce the start of the banquet, father." replied Xuebao.

Zhubao's smiles widen as he chuckles even. "Hahaha~ Of course darling. But before that let this leader announce a few things to the tribe."

"First. The engagement of my female son, Xuebao and the second strongest warrior, Laohu is now cancelled!! My darling son is now a free female beastman and his marriage will be controlled by him only! You can ask Xuebao if you wanted to court him."

Everyone in the tribe roared in agreement when they heard that.

WOOOO!!!

"Second. I announced that the strongest warrior of the Lune Tribe, Meizhou, had become the Guardian of my son, Xuebao!"

The second announcement shocked most male in the tribe. Just when they thought they would have the opportunity to court such a strong female like Xuebao, they were suddenly brought back to reality that the strongest guardian would be hovering around him. This time if they wanted to court Xuebao they would first need to win against Meizhou before being able to do so. But Meizhou is the strongest Male Beastman in their Lune Tribe. He is an uncontended undefeated warrior of their tribe. If someone like this becomes Xuebao's Guardian, then approaching Xuebao could only be a dream.

"Come over and complete your rites, Meizhou!" said the tribe leader, Zhubao.

Meizhou stood up from the crowd and walked towards the center. As he approached the center where the Tribe Leader, Xuebao and Tuzi resides, his golden irises had only focused on one person. As if seeing that one person in the world, Meizhou stares intently only at Xuebao whose smile had now faded. He could see that with those calm sky blue orbs was looming anger and dissatisfaction. Meizhou knew that Xuebao would never agree to have him as his protector if he asked him for it.

This is why despite his high position as the strongest warrior he chose to lower his head on the sole person who could put him at the position where he could stay by Xuebao's side despite the latter's disagreement. He asked for the Tribe Leader's permission. Not only as a leader but as Xuebao's father as well. As long as the Tribe leader and elder of Xuebao, he wouldn't be able to disagree with his preposition to become his protector. Declining him in this situation is the same as not giving the tribe leader a face to save.

He kneeled on one knee, putting his fist over his heart before Xuebao and said his rites.

"My strength, this flesh and blood, as well as my soul and heart. I offer it all to you. No one should be able to harm your body. Not even a single scratch on your skin. I vowed to the Beast God that I shall protect Xuebao until the very last breath of this life." declared Meizhou.

Everyone was rendered speechless when they heard Meizhou's rites as a Protector. After all the contents he had spoken is completely different for a Protector's rite.

The original rite only has the following contents: "My strength shall become a weapon to kill your enemies. My body shall become the shield that protects you from everything. Until the end you've decided to choose me as your only mate. I promise to protect you."

Meizhou's vow is the mix content of the Protector and Mateship rites. Clearly is declaring that as long no one kills him, only he is worthy to become Xuebao's eternal mate.

Xuebao snorted at him. "Even though you've rejected my confession before?"

"That is just me losing my mind for a moment." replied Meizhou.