Chapter 66 - 4.3 Third Blue Star - Supernatural Abilities

Start from the beginning

"Okay. I will." replied Little Yi Zheng.

Little Li Xing stared at the closed door of the bathroom. His eyes show confusion and disbelief, but there are also hints of anticipation and hope.

Their group had been taking regular lessons on math and science for a week. They were getting used to it until their little group of four was finally mentioned to undergo practical training which in real meaning, experimental modifications or human experiments. The experiments were separated by categories of seeing, hearing, touching and smell.

In experimentation of sight, upon entering the room the subject will be given a certain amount of time to look around the room, this includes looking through the things inside the place. Then the subject will be blind folded with a black cloth while chained at a chair. On his head is a helmet like thing with wires connected to it. The scientists will be letting him touch one thing for a few seconds and the subject will have imagined what kind of object that is. This thing is taken from among the other objects placed in the room from the start. He needs to tell them the object's characteristics. Color, size, texture, and what kind of object it was. There will be at least ten objects and the subject needs to be able to guess at least three to be freed. If he guesses wrong an electric current will pass through his head, numbing his nerves and brain cells as a significance of failure.

Experimentation of hearing, the subjects of each group representatives were caged in a pure white room. Inside the room there is nothing. The walls were made of glass. No window and only a single door. Within the only brick walls are stereo speakers which frequency sounds. It was a glass cage. The lights will be turned off according to the schedule to begin. As the lights turned off levels of frequency beyond human hearing will be played inside the room. The subjects were subjected to listen to the sound for a whole day. Even if they covered their ears the sounds can still be heard. They could only suffer from feeling as if someone was digging directly in their ears. Subjects were only free to return the next day. That's if they are still alive by then.

Experimentation of smell. A subject is tasked to put a fiber like collar on their necks. Eyes blindfolded; the head of the subject is put inside a glass box. The glass box is split two halves by a glass wall with numerous small holes. At the first box is the subject's head while the other box is where the object they will need to guess by scent will be placed. Not all things placed within the second box are normal. Some of it can cause nauseating feelings, dizziness and sometimes suffocation. Most of it is chemical or compound things. If the subject got it wrong the collar on their neck tightens preventing them to breathe properly.

Lastly, experimentation of touch. This is another group experiment. Subjects were tied up on a chair blind folded and even their ears were covered. That helmet thing is placed on their heads as well. The subjects can only sense things through touch. This type of experiment is the cruelest among all the experiments. Subjects were tasked to hold hands. Then electricity will be felt from the chair they were chained to. They were not allowed to let go of each other's hands. If they are going to let go, it must be done as a group. Else if it's just one or two, the minority will feel electric shock not only in their whole body, but even in their heads. Subjects will have to bear it until the electricity is cut off. Failure in this experiment means only death.

Today, their group was told that their batch will enter a trial run. Together with the other groups they were told to choose individually what kind of room they would like to experience. The adults spoke as if they were tasked to participate in field activities when it is only at the pretense of field exercise that those experiments were called as. It is a trial run. There is no fear of failure yet. The time will be limited to an hour or few minutes. As if giving the children some heads up of what they will be experiencing. Afterwards, a few days later their group will have to undergo a full experiment as one. They had no other choice but to accept the reality by then.