Chapter 34 - 2.6 Third Small Star - Fortitude

Start from the beginning

Letting his wife sleep properly on his bed, his silver irises never move away from this person. Afraid that he will lose him all over again.

Manor.

Master's Bedroom.

Wan Lengya couldn't understand the reason how his wife could play piano once again. The truth is that he didn't care as long the latter had returned to his side but when he noticed the black gloves covering his wife's hands. Lengya enchanted by his curiosity remove the gloves only to see visible surgical scars all overs his wife's 10 fingers extending to the whole back of the two hands. The scars were deep, leaving visible and ugly traces on his wife's fair hands.

It was very obvious that those are traces of constant surgery. Seeing those scars Wan Lengya could feel the hardship Hei Xue underwent just so he could play instruments in this lifetime. He once again felt regret and hate for himself. Gently kissing the hands of his wife as if wanting to ease his sufferings.

All of the sudden Wan Lengya someone ringing the doorbell. He doesn't need to guess who it was as there are only two people in this time that would come over to see him. One is the annoying, attention seeker, Xing Ran and the other one is his friend, Yue Wuya. Once he peeks through the house front door surveillance monitor, the man outside is indeed one of the two. This person came over as soon as he finished his business with the audition.

Knowing that the latter's relationship with his wife, Wan Lengya could only reluctantly let him inside his manor. Yue Wuya sighed in relief when he saw that Hei Xue was only sleeping with no other problems. Seeing that Lengya is tightly holding Xue's hands without gloves. Yue Wuya couldn't help but frown for a moment and once again sigh when he saw his friend's sharp gaze on him.

As he knew the reason for that, he could only explain things to Lengya and ease his anger.

"Lengya. Please don't glare at me. If my wife (Hei Yu) didn't brought me to France with his excuse of business trip I wouldn't know that Xue was in France." explained Wuya who is under Lengya's sharp gaze.

"Why didn't you tell me?" replied Lengya coldly.

"Woa~ if you ask me if I'm afraid of my wife divorcing me in case I told you about Xue then, I am. Moreover, Xue wish not to tell you as well. Going along with his wish than yours have always been my priority since before. So, you must not get angry at me!" said Wuya with his arms raised in defeat.

Wan Lengya could only accept his friend's reasoning as he knows that Hei Yu and Yue Wuya have always put Xue before him at all times. But that doesn't stop his fury and could only ignore his friend in disappointment. Though his eyes turned gentle as it fell on Hei Xue's sleeping figure. It is as if that cold-hearted man from before is not him.

Yue Wuya seeing the scene of the cold-hearted man's face turning gentle as he looks at the sleeping little fairy on the bed, he can only feel happiness at first then next his face portraits extreme worry. After all, he doesn't know why Lengya let Xing Ran, this person who caused the whole situation, to stay by his friend's side all this time.

Yue Wuya is worried about Wan Lengya's fickle heart.

With a deep frown on his face, Wuya spoke, "Lengya, Xue had suffered enough for this lifetime and there is no way we will tolerate any more of the past. That person... You shouldn't allow Xing Ran to stay by Xue's side no matter what. Even though I don't know why you still let that black lotus stay by your side, that person is dangerous."

A dark expression appeared on Lengya's face even though his voice turned colder than usual.

"I know what you wish to say, Wuya. In the first place I let that thing remain by my side because it was the most painful punishment, I could give him. He is obsessed with me. Wanting to own me, my heart, and my body all for himself but for these few years he could only see but not touch. Sooner or later even seeing will be just a wish. I was planning on playing with that toy for a bit more to pass time but... Since my wife returned, I would no longer waste my time with him. You may remove him, Wuya."