The One With The Chase

Start from the beginning

Damon could feel his body growing tired as he continuously fought the growling beast. The hybrid was just too strong for Damon to face during a full moon.

The Salvatore vampire forced through the exhaustion he felt as Damon dug his boots into the dirt before he wrapped his fingers tightly around the hybrid's neck.

Damon felt a sense of anxiety enter his body when he began to feel his boots slide across the dirt as the hybrid tried to pin him against the tree behind him. The Salvatore vampire knew he was going to be a goner if the hybrid gets him cornered.

Damon could feel his fingers slipping from around the hybrid's neck before he suddenly felt all the hybrid's anger and strength just give out. The Salvatore vampire was confused as he slowly released the hybrid before Damon got his answer.

Once the hybrid's body had slumped down to the ground, Damon came face to face with his brother, who was holding the hybrid's bleeding, dead heart between his fingers.

The elder Salvatore tiredly huffed as he stared across at Stefan. "You couldn't have came sooner?" Damon muttered as he began dusting the dirt and leaves from his clothing.

Stefan released an amused chuckle. "What's the fun in that?" The younger Salvatore vampire taunted Damon with a small smirk lazily resting on his lips.

The Salvatore brothers tensely stared at one another in a thick silence before it was interrupted when Tyler came jogging back into the clearing. "Stefan," the Lockwood werewolf murmured in surprise.

Tyler was honestly shocked to see the younger vampire in front of him. The Lockwood werewolf hadn't been involved in the searching for Stefan all summer but it was still a surprise to see him here right now.

It kind of disgusted Tyler by how easy it was. The Lockwood werewolf didn't understand how Stefan could be this close to Emily and not seek her out when it was obvious to everyone that she has been struggling over his disappearance. Stefan was an absolute piece of crap in the Lockwood werewolf's eyes.

Stefan moved his gaze behind his brother before he clinched his teeth together at who he saw. The Salvatore vampire could physically smell his girlfriend all over Tyler's body. Stefan, of course, knew it was his fault as for why his girlfriend would take comfort in the werewolf but it didn't make it any less painful for Stefan.

"You shouldn't be here," Stefan exclaimed as he angrily pointed his finger at the Lockwood werewolf with a sharp glare to his green eyes.

"Yeah, well, someone has to watch over Emily after you ditched her," Tyler carelessly muttered as he took slow steps towards the Salvatore brothers.

"It wasn't my choice," Stefan snarled as he got right up into the Lockwood werewolf's face.

"Alright, let's just calm down," the elder Salvatore ordered as he squeezed himself between Stefan and Tyler. He pushed on both of their chests to separate them before a fight could break out between the vampire and the werewolf.

Stefan had to force himself to take a couple extra steps away from the Lockwood werewolf before he did something bad. The Salvatore vampire had always respected Tyler and his friendship with Emily but Stefan wanted nothing more than to tear the werewolf apart right about now.

Stefan paced around while he roughly ran his fingers through his hair for a few tense seconds before he swiftly turned to face his brother. "I thought I told you stop following me," the younger Salvatore snapped.

"Oh, I heard you," Damon stated as he held up his hands in innocence. "But it's hard to do that when you are calling Emily and giving her hope," the elder vampire exclaimed as he shot his brother a warning look.