Chapter 23 - Lorenzo's POV

TW: a small mention of rape, but not going into detail

As I was walking to Leo's clinic, where Amara was sleeping. One word was flying around in my head.

Pregnant

How could she be pregnant? We were careful. We were safe.

When I opened the door, I saw that my angel was awake and tears were rolling down her cheeks. I rushed over to her and wrapped my arms around her small frame, pulling her in for a hug.

We stayed silent apart from her cries and sniffles.

After a while, she calmed down and pulled away from me slightly, to look into my eyes. I saw so many emotions in her eyes but the main one being, she was terrified. I cupped her face in my hands and pulled her in for a small kiss.

"I'm sorry Enzo. I do-don't know how I could get pregnant. I didn't do it on purpose, I swear to you" she whimpered, fresh tears falling down her cheeks.

I quickly brushed them away with my thumbs "hey, hey, baby, it's okay. We'll figure this out, together. I promise. Everything is going to be okay" I told her while sitting beside her on the bed and bringing her into my arms, holding her tightly and placing my hand on her flat tummy.

"We're going to be parents" I smiled.

"I heard what Sandro said though, what if it isn't yours?" she whispered, she was heartbroken just by the thought of being pregnant with a rapist's child.

"Then we will talk about it. But I'm not going anywhere and if it isn't my child and you still want to keep it, I will be the best daddy I can be, and I will treat this child like my own. I'm not leaving you, baby. Ever." I promised her.

She nodded and we fell into a comfortable silence. Both of us were deep in our own heads, thinking about the possibilities and what could happen in the future. The room was silent, apart from Amara's sniffles every now and then.

I glanced up from our entwined hands, where she was playing with my fingers, and looked at her beautiful face. This girl right here is my future, and my whole world and I will never leave her, no matter what the results are. She's stuck with me whether she likes it or not.

She felt my eyes on her face and slightly lifted her head up, looking up at me from under her lashes. I couldn't tell what she was thinking, and I needed to know. "What's going on in that pretty head of yours, angelo?"

"How can I have a child when I'm still a child myself? What can I give to this baby? It deserves so much better than me"

"No baby don't even think like that. You're going to be an amazing mother, I promise you that." I told her, cupping her face again so she can look into my eyes.

"How do you know?" she whispered to me, her voice cracking ever so slightly.

"Because, already, you are thinking about what's best for your child. If you were going to be a bad mom, you wouldn't care what happens to them."

She thought about it for a little longer, before pulling me in and placing a small kiss on my lips. "I love you Enzo"

"I love you too Angelo, forever" I kissed her again before pulling back and wrapping her tightly in my arms. After a while, she fell asleep once again, and I wasn't far behind her. Falling into a deep slumber.

-------------------------------------

Who is hoping that Enzo is going to be a daddy?

Just a small chapter, explaining how Enzo feels about this whole situation