"And she let's you?" Ana was the one to ask uncertainty this time.

"Yeah." Now I was the one who was getting confused. "Why all the questions?"

"It's just that Cory was the only one using that nickname and since he died she refused to let anyone call her by that name but with you she seems completely fine with it." Marijana explained.

Hearing this made my heart flutter again. It must mean that she feels something for me too right? That it is not all in my head?

"I don't know the extent of your relationship but the fact that you're here means something. She has never done that before. Not even Leah or one of her national teammates have been here." Josip surprised me.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Now look, If she gives you her heart, take care of it because she rarely does that. And I promise you if you break it there will be hell to pay." Marijana puffed her chest a bit, trying to intimidate me and to be fair it was working.

When the sun started to set and the kids were getting tired it was time to call it a night and go home. 

Ellie's pov:

"You're not good enough!" Alexia pushed me away from her.

I shot up in my bed, completely drenched in sweat and out of breath. Again my sleep was haunted by nightmares. This time around it was again Alexia who played the main character, telling me that I was not good enough, that I wasn't worth anything and so on and so on.

I looked at the clock and seeing as it was only one in the morning, I debated whether or not to get out of bed. Eventually I decided on the latter.

In the kitchen I grabbed a glass of water. My back was facing the door so I hadn't noticed Alexia walking in as well.

"Couldn't sleep?" Even though her voice was soft, it scared the crap out of me.

"Jesus!" I almost dropped my glass and grabbed my chest in the process. "What is it with you and scaring me?" I asked, calming down my racing heartbeat.

Alexia softly chuckled and shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, you're apparently an easy target. So are you gonna answer the question?" She raised her eyebrow, challenging me.

"I was just thirsty" I shrugged, taking a sip from my water but Alexia was quick to comment.

"Liar."

I raised my eyes towards her. Of course she would see right through it but how did she know? Just like she could read my thoughts, she explained herself.

"Leah told me." She simply said.

"Of course she did." I mumbled. Leah telling Alexia wasn't that big of a surprise. She always worried about me, even when I was living with her. Now I live a country away and it got even worse, almost calling me everyday to check up on me but I didn't mind that really.

"I've noticed it too. That's why you're always awake so early. Are the nightmares back?" her stare never left my figure. It was like she was compelling me to tell the truth. It almost worked.

Almost.

"No, just trouble sleeping I guess." I shrugged.

Lie.

"Does it happen often?"

"No."

Another lie.

"It's getting better by the way. It probably had something to do with a new environment and stuff so don't worry. What about you? How come you're awake?" I diverted the attention towards her now before she could figure out my lies.